Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • From Strava to GPX
  • jpicornell
    Free Member

<span style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;”>Hi</span>
    <div style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;”>Do you want to download a GPX file from a Strava activity or segment? Try this app:</div>
    <div style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;”>https://play.google.com/store/<wbr />apps/details?id=com.spark71.<wbr />stravatogpx</div>
    <div style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;”>And you can watch how it works in this video:</div>
    <div style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr />v=zSNxFROtP0s</div>
    <div style=”font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;”>Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/<wbr />stravatogpx/</div>

jekkyl

again in english.

otsdr
    Free Member

spammy

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Alternatively use this to grab a GPX file from any public strava activity in a desktop web browser

jpicornell
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but why do you thith it’s spammy? It’s an app that I made for myself but I thougt it could be useful for other people.

ampthill

Are these Apps to allow non premium members to get at the gpx?

markgraylish
    Free Member

Do you pull the date/timestamps from Strava as well, or just the geo-coordinates?

jpicornell
    Free Member

Yes, it allows non Premium members to get GPX data, but only for users that have enhanhed security disabled.

I pull timestamps from Strava but the start time is just the moment when you download the GPX file, it was difficult to put the real start time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

<div>jpicornell
    <div>
    <div>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div>

I’m sorry, but why do you thith it’s spammy?

You joined the forum to try and push your app mostly, first post links are always a bad sign, maybe come in and join the forum before your pushing the app 😉 and get your links to work

</div>

jonnyboi

I’m not premium, but I can download a strava route as a gpx from the strava website already. What am I missing here?

CraigW
    Free Member

I’m not premium, but I can download a strava route as a gpx from the strava website already. What am I missing here?

As standard, you can download your own activities as a GPX. But you can’t download other peoples activities (unless you use an extra add-on or app etc, as in this thread).

jpicornell
    Free Member

I’m sorry, I’m realized that links are not well formated, I try to post them again:

– App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spark71.stravatogpx

– Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSNxFROtP0s

jonnyboi

As standard, you can download your own activities as a GPX. But you can’t download other peoples activities (unless you use an extra add-on or app etc, as in this thread).

hmm, I downloaded someone’s strava route last week as there is a download gpx option on the map view in windows. I just checked a friends ride and it has the same option for a ride they did yesterday (although it’s telling me that to download a ride rather than a route is a premium feature)

what am I missing here?

whitestone
    Free Member

Are you a premium member? On friends’ rides I see a “Download GPX” option next to the one for changing map type but when I click it the dialog box just asks me to become a premium member to enable that functionality.

jpicornell
    Free Member

This app is for Android phones. Using computer you can download a route from a friend activity if you are Premium member or you use some browser extension.

MadBillMcMad

ipicornell,

does your app honour peoples privacy settings ?

rickonwheels
    Free Member

y’know I think strava has changed a bit – I swear I used to be able to search across all public activities via the web – that’s how I used to plan routes in places I haven’t been before, but now activity search seems to only show me my own activities. I’m not premium BTW.

jpicornell
    Free Member

MadBillMcMad
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”> Yes, because if a Strava user has ‘Enhance security’ on his activities can’t be send to my app, the ‘share’ button does not appears in the top right corner.</div>
    <div></div>

whitestone
    Free Member

@rickonwheels – just tried searching Activities and I can only search through my own activities. I also tried search for “Athletes” and although that did return the person I wanted there was a message saying that the search facility was being updated.

I don’t think I’ve ever used that search facility before so can’t say that I notice a change. I’ll use the Explore menu to find segments but that’s about it really.

robbie
    Free Member

There is an extra u can download with firefox that allows u to download gpx from strava.

Its free

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s a Chrome extension (actually there’s two) that will do the same on that browser.

jonnyboi

I did mine from IE without using an extension.

Another thing I don’t get, say you want to throw that gpx into your garmin, you’re going to need to drop it into the ‘new files’ folder so it’s gonna need a pc/laptop and usb connection anyway.

How do you get a gpx file from your android to a garmin?

jpicornell
    Free Member

jonnyboi

You must install Garmin Connect in the mobile phone.

jonnyboi

I have the garmin app. It doesn’t have an option to import gpx files as activities or courses

CraigW
    Free Member

You could use a USB OTG adapter to plug the Garmin into the phone. Then copy the file across.

jpicornell
    Free Member

jonnyboi

You must follow this steps:

– Open file browser

– Go to the folder where the GPX file is located

– Tap on it, a menu with apps that can open a GPX file will appear on your phone. If you have only Garmin Connect this app will be open without ask you.

If you have downloaded the GPX file using my app, you must tap on bottom right button (route symbol) and the menu that I mentioned will appear.

Jesus

jonnyboi

Thanks Jesus!

I actually did it it with my iPhone, so no third party app required

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.