• This topic has 46 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Frog eating dog
  • camo16
    Free Member

(And camo16 wasn’t anywhere near the lead)

Oh I was on the lead alright… just not in the garden with the dog. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Consider it ignored. After this I mean

🙂 back to the dog-frog situation then

footflaps

Our cats take frogs from a neighbour’s pond and deposit them around the house (live and without any obvious puncture marks). I then discover them and return them to the neighbour…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Think I’d roll with the persistent training approach TBH.

It worked (just about) for our terrier (who is not the smartest dog) and turds, particularly horse turds, for some reason unbeknownst to us, he perceives them to be the tastiest snack this side of a slice of bacon, so this took quite some time.

Having said that, if we stumble across a particularly steamy fresh offering we still need to give a firm ‘no, leave it you disgusting mongrel’.

samuri
    Free Member

We’ve succesfully trained her to stand to heel, stay calm on the lead, come when called etc. That all works fine. Unfortunately she is very excitable around stuff that deserves to die (flies/cats/frogs/children who go near her food) and I’m probably not man enough to train her to the point to get this under control which is why I’m considering alternatives.

cbike
    Free Member

Reaction makes it sound more likely to be a toad than a frog. The Skin contains poisions that make attackers puke.

JoeG
    Free Member

Your problem:

The solution:

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Frog eating dog’ is closed to new replies.