Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Frog bikes wheel help!
  • isitafox
    Free Member

My son has a Frog 55 and I want to rebuild the rear wheel with a regular hub so I can upgrade the drivetrain (it’s a hand me down from his older brother and the cassette, chain and mech are goosed). The problem I have is I can’t find any info whatsoever regarding the Rainbow Dinorim A19 rims for the ERD so I can order spokes. Can anyone help?

Stoner
    Free Member

http://sheldonbrown.com/rinard/spocalc.htm

There is one rim dimension: ERD

erd
    Effective Rim Diameter (ERD) is the diameter on which you want the ends of the spokes to lie. Most people prefer it near the end of the spoke nipple. If you want to measure your own rim (recommended, just to be sure), then follow these instructions:

Insert two old spokes into holes exactly opposite each other on the rim. Count holes to be sure.
    Screw some nipples onto the spokes.
    Pull them tight and measure dimension A in the figure (the diameter to the edge of the nipples, where the spokes disappears into them). Do this at several spots around the rim and average the measurements.
    Measure the length of a nipple (dimension B in the figure) and add it twice (once for each nipple). The result is Effective Rim Diameter (ERD). Thus,
    ERD = A + 2B.

Effective Rim Diameter (ERD) is the dimension you type into the spreadsheet for “ERD, effective rim diameter”. Of all the dimensions you actually might measure, ERD is the most critical dimension affecting spoke length, so it makes sense to measure it a few times at different places around the rim. Always count to make sure you use spoke holes that are actually opposite each other!

wiggles
    Free Member

Ask frog or measure them?

Surely that lot will cost as much as the bike though…

isitafox
    Free Member

Nah I’ve got a full 9 speed setup that came straight off my eldest sons Orbea as he had a spare 10 speed setup I had kicking about!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Frog bikes wheel help!’ is closed to new replies.