Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Frog 55 Owners (I'm looking at you parents :-) )
  • letmetalktomark

LMTTM Jnr turned 5 in December.

He outgrew his CNOC14 alarming quick and so rather than shell out for another expensive kids bike he has been using a 16″ wheel BMX through autumn and winter. It’s a really nice bike – a Jamie Bestwick Pro nonetheless but ridiculously heavy. What kid on a 16″ wheel BMX needs 14mm axles …… I digress.

Now spring is here (fingers crossed) he is keen (actually he has always been) to come out to the local trails.

Been looking at the Frog bikes and am impressed with the spec for the money. Going off of the sizing guide (possible mistake we made with the CNOC14) the Frog 52 would fit just about.

We went along to the local Frog dealer and actually the 55 seemed a reasonable fit with more “growing room” than the 52 by some way.

The thing is the 55 is reckoned to be for a much older child than 5. I know manufacturers need to spec ranges etc.

So does your child have a Frog 55 – if so when did they start riding it?

Any other feedback on the brand would be appreciated 🙂

bubs

Customer support is amazing and they are great little bikes, can’t help you with sizing though.

benpinnick

My girl is 6 (average height) and she’s on a 55. To be honest I think its a bit big for her but I am persisting anyway! The thing is that the 52 was as you’re finding too much smaller. I wish they’d done a 53.5 🙂 20 inch wheels on a smaller frame size would be perfect. You can always add saddle height and a bit of stem stack and length, but the jump on the wheels is a big one.

letmetalktomark

Thanks chaps.

The 52 looked a lot shorter when he was sitting on it than the 55 in that he was a lot more upright on the 52.

I guess I could eek out some additional length as he grew but ….. 😐

Hmm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Frog 55 Owners (I'm looking at you parents :-) )’ is closed to new replies.