• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Friston Forest…
  • DrP

Blimey, It’s good isn’t it!!

Went there last night – some of the best local(ish) riding I’ve done in a long time.. what felt like miles of ribbon singletrack through the forest, berms, jumps…

You locals are a lucky bunch!

DrP

Paceman
    Free Member

I don’t get there often enough, must go back soon!

birdage

Don’t tell anyone!
    Stanmer has too much use now and is suffering for that. Too many people in a small area with the inevitable confrontation between different users.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Shhhhh!

It’s just around the corner for me. It’s opened up a lot in the past 5 or 6 years, loads more trails, easy to get lost. I think the local clubs, Cycle Seahaven and Friston MTB, have been great at liaising with the owners to make it a better place. Gets quite busy now, I kind of like that and don’t like it at the same time 😐

winston
    Free Member

Lol busy last night – we were there for an hour after work too, two guys we said hello to a group of 3/4 bikers at top of cardiac hill and some near one of the smaller bomb holes

Great trail conditions at the moment

Also nearly ran over a badger on stumpy – made us both jump!

Got to love night riding in the dry

RoterStern
    Free Member

Blimey it must have changed a lot! I went there quite a number of years ago and can’t remember it being anything spectacular.

pictonroad

Best running trails I think I’ve ever ridden on in Friston last night, just the perfect amount of grip/dust/slip.

Riding in a T-Shirt in November, lovely carpet of leaves, it’s a great place. Can’t see any human habitation lights at some points, remarkable considering the proximity of the crowded South East.

Back on Friday Doc?

ollybus
    Free Member

Cor, sounds great! Must get down there before the winter really kicks in

JackHammer

I’ll be down soon, bringing a bus load of mates too.

lol jks.

flashes
    Free Member

We go on holiday to Eastbourne most years, so I sneak an early morning ride in every morning. The climb up (Eastbourne to South Downs way), then down (to Jevington), then up (to the forest) is interesting and love the gnomes………………..

DrP

Back on Friday Doc?

Alas alack… Work, children, and tubeless fettling before wales make that a negatory captain..

DrP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Friston Forest…’ is closed to new replies.