Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Frimley, Surrey. Iceman duathlon.
  • slugrider
    Free Member

Has anybody ridden at frimley or the iceman before? Trying to figure out what to expect from the trail on Saturday? Cheers.

theotherjonv

Gorrick and the ACU have both held events there before, with some great singletrack at these venues. Whether they’ll use much in their format (triathletes and corners, etc.) – I’m less sure. You could end up with lots of fireroad if they are less technically inclined

Some good steep hills though.

batfink
    Free Member

I grew up in Frimley, riding bikes around that area, but haven’t ridden this event.

Short answer: it’s the same as Swinley.

Longer answer: I’m struggling to find a route map on the website, but it looks like it’s in the woodland between Frimley and Deepcut (Frith Hill). It’s basically the same sort of terrain as Swinley: pine woodland with fire-roads intersected by singletrack. There are some fairly sharp steep sections (like Swinley). This time of year I would expect some big puddles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Did it last year. It’s all bridleway, very very muddy. If you can corner well you will make up lots of places in the ride section, as most of the competitors cannot corner at speed.

slugrider
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, that’s helpful. Can’t wait.

slugrider
    Free Member

Top advice Scott! Nailed it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Frimley, Surrey. Iceman duathlon.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts