Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • friends with benefits
  • manciman
    Free Member

Surprised how many of my colleagues, both male & female, are familiar with this. From their experiences though there seems to be more cons than pros.

Wondered if it’s really that prevalent and why not just bet a gf/bf?

Jamie
    Free Member

*lurks with biscuits and cup of tea*

stuey
    Free Member

lol jamie

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have had ‘arrangements’ like that when it has suited me, usually when i haven’t got the time or when i am feeling particuarly commitment adverse. Can’t see the problem with it tbh if it works why knock it . . . oh i forgot where i was for a minute, I will sit back and see the non offensive carefully considered opinions come in 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s a good way to lose a friend IME.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Serves a purpose as long as one party doesn’t get more involved than the other. When it gets really awkward is when one of your school f*** buddies turns out to be your future wife’s best mate (and also her maid of honour) awkward!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Had this situation when I left a long term relationship a few years ago, I didn’t really want a GF at the time, and so it suited me. The cons outweighed the pros though eventually, she became a lot keener than I was, and I ended up hurting her, despite the fact that we’d agreed from the start what we both wanted.

I wouldn’t do it again if I found myself in a similar situation.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – is that why your called pic n mix?!

GrahamS

Is it not easier if you just pay them?

fasthaggis

‘friends with benefits’ and ‘How do you know when enough is enough in a marriage?’ fighting for top position in the chat forum.

😯

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Yes it can be great. It can also be awful. On the whole I wouldn’t recommend it.

kimbers

The cons outweighed the pros though eventually, she became a lot keener than I was, and I ended up hurting her, despite the fact that we’d agreed from the start what we both wanted.

^^^ this, every time ime

GolfChick
    Free Member

Best mate had this for a little while, made it clear there would never be a relationship. A bit later said person turned round and said they had fallen in love with him so he ended it then n there.

I had it for a little while with an ex who I had stopped loving but he still loved me, it was just making things harder n meant he never moved on so that ended quickly too!

wombat

it was just making things harder

Oh really? 😉

nedrapier

cbmotorsport. Exactly the same here.

I’d be more cautious if (hypothetical – married now) I was in the same situation now, but I can’t say I’d definitely not be tempted, given a persuasive argument. Women can be as wily as men can be easily led!

Jamie
    Free Member

organic355
    Free Member

if it was Mila kunis then to hell with any disadvantages, I could live with them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes it can be great. It can also be awful. On the whole I wouldn’t recommend it.

Agreed in full.

meehaja
    Free Member

can work, usually one part ends up getting hurt. Broke up with an ex years ago as neither of us wanted to be in a relationship at the time, sex continued for 6 months though!

scotroutes

Been there/done that. A relationship I was in broke up but we continued to play hide the sausage for a while. It all worked out fine in the end as we both moved on eventually (it helped that I moved town).

hammyuk
    Free Member

It’s fun, it works (as long as the ground rules are in place) and it goes both ways.
    I have one and I am one to several 🙂
    Don’t think of it as Sex – think of it as “Helping your friend have an orgasm”………

johnellison
    Free Member

It’s a good way to lose the best friend you’ve ever had IME… 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have one and I am one to several

You are FatSimon AICMFP

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have always ended up getting hurt when in this situation.

When I had a guy who was a friend with benefits, we both ended up getting hurt. 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

More cons than pros?

Maybe some are pros…

emsz
    Free Member

It’s a bit shit really.

Pigface
    Free Member

Played this game for a while, at first it was amazing real monkey sex but for some unfathomable reason she started to develop feelings for me. No idea how as we saw each other maybe once a month. Well that was the end of that. No regrets really but having an emotional attachment to go with the physical side of things is much better.

scuzz
    Free Member

Only possible if you’ve got more than one on the go IME, otherwise you start thinking about it too much and the other party starts entertaining thoughts that they can keep you all to themselves.
    It shouldn’t ever be compared to ‘relationships’, or used as a transitional period: then it’s just a dysfunctional one-sided relationship without effective communication. Great way to stay in shape.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    I have always ended up getting hurt when in this situation.

When I had a guy who was a friend with benefits, we both ended up getting hurt.

and then…

Pigface – Member
    Played this game for a while, at first it was amazing real monkey sex but for some unfathomable reason he started to develop feelings for me. No idea how as we saw each other maybe once a month. Well that was the end of that. No regrets really but having an emotional attachment to go with the physical side of things is much better.

So sad. So very, very sad.

🙁

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

^^this too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sleepless night after sleepless night… 😐

emsz
    Free Member

Deadly and piggy sitting in a tree…. 😆

Jamie, loving your work Hun xx

allthegear
    Free Member

I just can’t help thinking about it too much – not for me.

Then again, I’m not a jump-in-the-sack-on-first-date kinda girl either so maybe there’s a connection?

Rachel

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Deadly and piggy sitting in a tree….

We’ve talked about it, but the distance and height differences were too hard to get past. 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

Yeah Rach easy to say, but y’know…legs, lips…hard to say no

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rach and Emsz, sitting in a tree…

😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Ha ha – you might have a point, emsz – maybe I’ve just not met the right woman yet!! (although, as it happens, I think I might have – in Norwich of all places!)

Rachel

hammyuk
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pics………..

PiknMix
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    Ha ha – is that why your called pic n mix?!

Haha 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

To some degree.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘friends with benefits’ is closed to new replies.