Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Friends son working in Finland for two months – Insurance??
  • verbboy
    Free Member

A friend of ours son is working in Finland for two months over the winter.

He says he has insurance whilst he is there but his contract doesn’t mention it.

He has an EHIC card so there is some “cover”, but she is worried if he has an accident ie Snowmobile he’s a passenger on EHIC might cover the injuries but what about repatriation?

So the question is any recommendations for travel insurance that cover you whilst working in Finland? Clearly the employer has to cover insurance whilst working – but as he is there working does the travel insurance need to be different?

nickfrog
    Free Member

I would just suggest he buys any single trip European policy that covers the most dangerous activities he does (or doesn’t exclude them). The policy wording and/or T&Cs will highlight them.

An annual policy usually restricts to 30 day trips (but not always).

This won’t cost much as he is young and will be in Europe. Probably £100, just a guess. The important section is medical / repat., the rest is just fluff.

I would suggest he understands the possibility of a claim/assistance being declined in case of alcohol/drug use.

nedrapier

I did the same. Didn’t bother with insurance as I assumed work had it covered. Don’t know if work group travel would have covered cx racing, wilderness biking/camping or shipping me back from Lapland, but happily, I didn’t have cause to find out.

allthegear
    Free Member

Dogtag annual insurance and get him to wear the metal dogtag at all times – will make it easier to identify the body when the snow thaws…

Rachel

verbboy
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Friends son working in Finland for two months – Insurance??’ is closed to new replies.