• This topic has 85 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Friends Coke…..aaarghhhh
  • Gunz
    Free Member

Really I’m not, I sort of know this girl, she’s cute, it’s loaded, think about a girl you fancy, what are you saying with the coke?

The name doesn’t matter just make sure you shake it really well before you give it to her, Coke goes all over her top, you help her off with her top – BOOM.

verses

molgrips
    Free Member

“Coke makes so many different beverages that if you drank one per day, it would take you over 9 years to try them all”

Does that include the several days you’ll spend retching after having drunk lychee-ade?

D0NK

AND the chances of finding one with my name on it is pretty non existent

Grumpywell selling your product with Grumpy written on the side is gonna be a bit of a marketing disaster no?

andytherocketeer

Whoever came up with friends coke is a marketing genius.

Really? I thought it was crap. Certainly haven’t bought any more (or less) Coke because of it.

Saw those with names on in Ireland. Declared it a stupid idea (but not as stupid as using your name in $tarbuck$) and bought a Sprite or Fanta instead.

Only fridge rearranging I’d do is to try to make sure I’m gonna get a chilled bottle, and not one that’s just been put in the fridge.

tomhoward

Really? I thought it was crap.

Quite the opposite. As users of facebook/twitter will know, as soon as these youngsters find a bottle with thier name on it, they take a picture of the bottle and post it up, thus millions of pics with cokes logo/product on, with the poster saying how ace it is. For free.

The person who thought of that is really bloody clever….

DezB
    Free Member

Really? I thought it was crap I’m too old to understand today’s yoof.

Fixed it for myself 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

😀

or consumers are really bloody stupid

allthepies
    Free Member

and bought a Sprite or Fanta instead.

Which are both owned by….

you guessed it.

Edukator
    Free Member

A 4% increase initially then a decline as many don’t want to be seen drinking coke with “Willian”, “Angela”, “Jeremy”, “Harry”, “Penelope” “Tom”, “Bono”, “Charles”, “Diana”, “Richard”, “Elizabeth”… on and they sit on the shelves. Unless of course Coke are clever enough not use names that encourage drinking Pepsi instead.

jfletch
    Free Member

or consumers are really bloody stupid

These aren’t mutually exclusive.

It takes a clever person to work out the new and devious ways the general population will find to demonstrate their stupidity.

hmanchester
    Free Member

We got the joke…

andytherocketeer

and bought a Sprite or Fanta instead.

doesn’t matter

I was already going to the cabinet to buy a drink. So my contribution to their sales statistics (even if it is infinitesimal) is for something without a silly name on rather than one with.

edit: although next time, I’ll pick something from the cabinet next door, and check that it’s not produced/bottled under licence by Cadbury-Schweppes (or whoever it is these days).

hmanchester
    Free Member

So it wasn’t a joke! Apologies all round!

khani
    Free Member

I got my mrs one the other day, they didn’t have one with her name on so I just called her Sean for the rest of the day..

edlong
    Free Member

Singletrack “It’s racist” Alert:

I’ve not seen any bottles of “Share a Coke with….” Parveen, Hafizur or Ejaz, which are all pretty common names round these parts….

jussayin….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does that include the several days you’ll spend retching after having drunk lychee-ade?

You need some of this!

It’s big in Singapore. Obviously.

emsz
    Free Member

Edlong, I’ve seen Abdul and Mohammed on bottles

edlong
    Free Member

Okay, then ignore me, I talk rubbish!

“Share a Coke with Mohammed” might get some interesting responses though!

khani
    Free Member

The Directors of coke’ll be shacked up with Salman Rushdie soon…

binners

On Newsnight review?

hmanchester
    Free Member

When they roll this out in Delhi it’s possible there may not be many Edwards in there.

Saying that, you’re probably right! I’d assume they used a list of “100 most popular names” or something similar so I’d expect a Mohammed in there surely?

edit: beaten too it.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

@hmanchester ^^ Lolz! 😆

sputnik
    Free Member

Pembo
    Free Member

Also made it over to Ireland.

CountZero

Should I happen across a bottle of Coke with my name on it, it can damn well stay there; I truly can’t remember the last time I drank a bottle, possibly when I was at school, so forty years ago… 😕

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Dear Coke,

My friends name is Todger, could you do a bottle for him please?
    4 hours ago
    LikeComment

Coca-Cola Don’t worry – we’ll have exciting news soon on how you can personalise your own bottle this summer. Stay tuned!
    4 hours ago · Like

spchantler
    Free Member

dont be sucked in people, its still sh!t whatever they call it

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I really don’t get this promotion.

I was off up the shop the other day and my missus asked me to get her a coke, look for one with her name on it. I agreed to do as she asked.

I went up and picked up the first one on the shelf. I think it had Dave on it.

I took it home and gave it to my missus. “Sorry, I looked, but they just didn’t have one with your name on”

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

For anybody interested in the production side of things, here’s a little background on the printing process, also mentioning that they use a different list of names and endearments depending on the end-country.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Next time I pick up a pig for the freezer I’ll ask what it’s name is. Was.

irelanst
    Free Member

I was in a shop with my daughter and her friend and they were sorting through the bottles looking for their names;

“You won’t find your names, they’re only Dutch names”
    “Oh, OK we’ll look for Koen then”, Koen is a Dutch friend, it’s pronounced koon.
    “Come on you two, we have to go”
    “We can’t find any Koen’s”
    “Let’s go” we left and carried on walking down the street with the friends mum.
    “Dad, can we go and look for Koen’s in that shop?”

It took some explaining to the mother I can tell you.

hounslow
    Free Member

My dad is an executive at Coke and i have just sent him the Amazon link to that book. I also enjoy sending him articles about how crap Coke are at social marketing (which this campaign has helped improve a fair bit). Lots of travel perks with the job though.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

5thElefant – Member
    Next time I pick up a pig for the freezer I’ll ask what it’s name is. Was.

when i had the farm, we named one of the pigs ‘lovely’ so when we had people over for dinner and they commented “this pork is lovely” we got to giggle – you make your own fun in the countryside

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow all this has completely and utterly passed my buy I had no idea at all WTF the thread was about.

Knowledge is not always power and ignorance is often bliss

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Junky, as any fule kno, knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there one called Danniella yet?

clubber
    Free Member

For the info of the STW equality police, I spotted bottles with Faisal and Amandeep on them amongst others today.

scotroutes

Never one to miss out on a sweet marketing opportunity…

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/irn-bru-to-sell-bottles-emblazoned-with-fanny-1-2971466

maccruiskeen

I think theres possibly a subtext to the ‘share’ campaign apart from the voguish ‘sharing’ is like ‘liking’ social networky thing.

A few years back some of the big confectionary companies got called before parliament over the selling of super-sized chocolate bars – Mars Kingsize and the like. In that hearing cadburys managed to wriggle off the hook because their bars break into chunks and were therefore, they said, something to be shared amongst several people, not one big portion of diabetes for one person. Following that Mars re-packaged their monster sized bars as ‘Duos’ – two small bars in a pack the same size as the previous king size ones. So a pack therefore contained two small portions for two people to share rather than one big one.

The coke share campaign is on the 500ml bottles which are pretty much the default choice in most outlets now, its getting quite difficult to find a 330ml can in many shops except maybe in multipacks. But on the back of these bottles is nutritional info, RDAs etc relating to a 250ml portion, not the the 500ml thats in the bottle.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Friends Coke…..aaarghhhh’ is closed to new replies.