• This topic has 85 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Friends Coke…..aaarghhhh
  • emsz
    Free Member

Can you get me a coke?

It’s all of a sudden become an absolute nightmare!! Do I look for one with their name on it? I saw one at the front of the freezer, there it was, Chris, I picked it up, that’s nice I thought….but what if she thinks I rummaged around to try to find it? What will she think? That im some sort of stalker? I’ll put it back, but then what if I don’t bring one back with her name on it, will she think that I don’t care? That I don’t like her?

Arrrrrgghhh, thanks coke, it’s a **** nightmare just getting a coke!!!

Cougar

Remove the label, say it fell off somewhere.

Cougar

(of course, a proper friend wouldn’t give a tuppenny toss one way or the other…)

zokes
    Free Member

I think you clearly overthink things

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just get 2 lines and everyone is happy

wwaswas

My wife found one with her name on.

She likes to drink alone.

jfletch
    Free Member

Whoever came up with friends coke is a marketing genius. The number of conversations/facebook posts/tweets/forum post that this has generated is absolutelty phenominal.

Apparanetly when it was done in Aus first it increased sales by 4%. That is absolutely huge consuidering coke is basically a comodity.

Pigface
    Free Member

Girl with boys name = NUTTER 😯

Emsz run for your life, about the Coke who cares as long as it is really cold.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Pick up the bottle that was at the front of the freezer, i.e the one with Chris on and tell her the truth, i.e that it was right there at the front of the freezer…

If Chris begins to overthink it then you are a match made in heaven.

binners

unklehomered
    Free Member

What? when did they start putting names on coke? Is this like at starbucks? #confused#

thepurist

unklehomered – I had to google this too. Now I feel old.

ETA – when I read emsz’s post I first had visions of a shared student house where everyone writes their name on everything they put in the fridge so nobody else nicks it. Guess there’s an app for that now too. 😕

MSP

Pass her another one, drink the one with Chris on it yourself, in one gulp, then wink at her.

bigyinn
    Free Member

zokes – Member

Err, she’s a woman, duh.

unklehomered
    Free Member

OK, I have now googled it.

Really?

This is a thing people care about? That’s weird. Though I might buy a steak at the butcher if the Cow’s name was Homer I suppose… does that count? But Homer the loaf of bread, or Homer the milk… not so much.

Weren’t there sweets when we were kids that had names on them or something???

emsz
    Free Member

Really I’m not, I sort of know this girl, she’s cute, it’s loaded, think about a girl you fancy, what are you saying with the coke?

AND the chances of finding one with my name on it is pretty non existent

Grumpy

swavis

Buy a Pepsi. Bosh! 😉

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Just get her some Irn-Bru with ‘FANNY’ written on it.

wwaswas

Buy a Pepsi

Irn Bru might be a safe choice?

unklehomered
    Free Member

what are you saying with the coke?

I’d prefer you without teeth [for what I have in mind]?

swavis

Irn Bru might be a safe choice?

Yes, I revoke my previous suggestion.

GrahamS

footflaps

Never seen a Coke bottle with ‘footflaps’ on it…….

mrchrispy

and to think…..it was only a month ago I changed my name to coke
    grrrrrr

Cougar

I sort of know this girl, she’s cute

zokes
    Free Member

think about a girl you fancy, what are you saying with the coke?

She’s currently doing the washing up whilst I drink a beer. Not sure we have any coke in the house.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Gets right up my nose.

See what I did there, huh?

brakes
    Free Member

the first time I saw this was when I was in M&S and saw a Coke bottle at the front of the fridge with my name on it… I did a double-take 😯
    I thought Jeremy Beadle/ Noel Edmonds was going to jump out and slap me with his tally-whacker.

needless to say I took it without paying – it had to be mine, it had my name on it.

DezB
    Free Member

Whoever came up with friends coke is a marketing genius.

Really? I thought it was crap. Certainly haven’t bought any more (or less) Coke because of it.
    My son says he’ll never find a bottle with his name on it, so he doesn’t care much for the campaign.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Certainly haven’t bought any more (or less) Coke because of it

That’s good enough evidence for me!

Oh actually, when I think about it…..

Coca-cola are notoriosly bad at marketing campaigns!

steveoath
    Free Member

I have avoided cokes when out because of the names. Its trying to hard. And I’m not drinking something with someone else’s name on it.

tomhoward

Those coke stats are mental! 😯

DezB
    Free Member

“Coke makes so many different beverages that if you drank one per day, it would take you over 9 years to try them all”

Wow.

wwaswas

I’m not drinking something with someone else’s name on it.

That must limit your choice of beverage quite singificantly. 90% of aloholic drink producers must be named after their founders?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Can anyone please explain this thread to someone who thought it was going to be about some seriously pokey white party dust borrowed from a friend?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Aged 22 I had to google this… Is that bad?

hmanchester
    Free Member

Just to go off on that tangent no_eyed_deer….

I walked in to the toilets of the sadly now defunct Tangled club night at the Pheonix in Manchester.

There was a wannbee baller carefully lining up a few big fat lines of his favourite nose sherbert for him and his friends. Of course he was making sure that everyone one who came in knew about how cool and generous he was to the small crowd gathering to watch the muppet. After about 10 minutes of faffing he then bent down to partake and brushed past the sensor zone of the hand dryer a couple of feet away resulting in a large and very potent white cloud that every clubber in there was desperately trying to inhale. Once everyone calmed down the entire toilet full of people collapsed in laughter at this guy and themselves. Probably had to be there, but one of the funniest moments of my life.

jfletch
    Free Member

My son says he’ll never find a bottle with his name on it, so he doesn’t care much for the campaign.

That is part of the genius of it. You and your son have just been prompted to have a conversation about coke, a product so ubiquitous that you normally wouldn’t even think twice about it. You may not have bought any more becuase of it but 4% sales increase doesn’t lie.

wwaswas

4% sales increase doesn’t lie.

unless it coincided with a hot spell or a public holiday season or a shortage of Pepsi?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Weirdly enough alot of the food in the fridge at work has been named. Today i ate a sandwich called Elaine 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Friends Coke…..aaarghhhh’ is closed to new replies.