Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Friends bike build from today, help needed with cheap lightening.
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Spent all of today moving components over from a Kona Shred onto this frame. As the Shred is a jump bike and my mate only has a few £'s we decided to swap rather than buy new.

Firstly, what do you think?

The next stage is to do some very budget lightening.

What should we do that is very cheap?

tails
    Free Member

Can't tell what tyres thay are but i'd change tyres and forks first as possible ways to save weight and improve the bike. Thats my 2pence i'm off to pub

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Yeah dirt jumper 2's and 2.35 Kenda DH tyres.

We were thinking ;-

Cheap 100mm Rock Shox's, Deore wheel set, Deore rear mech, truativ/shimano 3 ring chaineset (currently 2) and an XC stem and bars.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I seriously suggest looking second hand

recons or rebas dan – toras wouldnt make much difference in weight.

Hollowtech 2 chainset

not sure id bother with a deore wheelset , id change the tires but leave the wheels as they are. Then replace them with something lighter than a deore wheelset – or buy some second hand hopes on *insert rim here*

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Recons look favourite as they are miles cheaper than Rebas.
    Chainset we are unsure on at the mo, it has a 113mm ISIS truativ hussyfelt on there at the mo.
    The wheels are Alexrims DH and are sooooooooooooooooo heavy. May sell him my Crossrides that I am currently not using.

knottie8
    Free Member

foam grips ?

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

drill some holes in the seatpost?

juiced
    Free Member

Forks, followed by rims. Personally I wouldn't worry about cranks too much.

And maybe tyres If they are heavy dh ones. Have a look at Halo Knobblers. Love mine, quite light and cheap. Look at wiggle, chainreactionccyles and ukbikestore.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Friends bike build from today, help needed with cheap lightening.’ is closed to new replies.