Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Friends….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So it’s the wife’s 40th this year, she’s chosen to do a local festival at the start of August. Loads and loads of notice. Everyone camping, few beers good music (hopefully), kids invited if you’ve got them, but not on the Friday night as that’s gonna be the full on one. So many **** let downs who said they would come! Feel really bad right now as her apparent friends are letting her down!

kimbers

sounds like her firends are being a bit selfish

however some people just dont like camping or festivals for that matter,
    also I suspect could be quite expensive and stressful- especially with kids?

sounds ace to me, but not everyones the same!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t fall out with your friends, however let down you might feel – they will still remain your friends afterwards. Going camping to celebrate someones birthday is quite a commitment. Can’t you just cancel and take the missus somewhere special ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s one of my best mates and his wife, so **** annoyed, I paid for his tickets early doors etc etc. This festival is y not in Derbyshire , £80 each, kids are free, those pair are kid free and I’m just so **** angry that they think its not important! I’m sure we’re/she’s not asking a lot, its gonna be a big party ffs!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Go, and have a good time regardless.
    I’m sure you can rub it in with photos on Facebook etc 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m just so **** angry

Well vent your anger out on here then. He’s one of your best mates for lots of reasons, don’t fall out over one incident. I hadn’t quite got the festival thing and that you had paid for the tickets, yeah I can understand your frustration and anger. But it might be more than just a case of them not thinking it’s important, it could be coz him and the missus are having problems, he might be a bit short of cash and need to work the week-end, he might need to visit someone for whatever reason that weekend.

It could be a million and one reasons about which he hasn’t, and perhaps doesn’t want to tell you about, is embarrassed about, whatever. And let’s face it, it probably is, as he had already committed to it.

Just let it go. Falling out with him won’t make the whole occasion suddenly become a reality, so it’s pointless. Try and make the best of it or organise a last minute alternative.

chewkw
    Free Member

You know who your real friends are when you need them …

However, priority for everyone is different once they have family of their own and making an effort is much harder.

takisawa2

And start of August is hol time for a lot of folk…
    I can understand you feeling bad for your good lady though.

My little boy has made a big thing about having a BBQ in the garden for his 6th Birthday. Wife sent out invites but not sodding one has replied. What do we tell the poor lad when he keeps asking who’s coming. 🙁
    He’d be gutted if we told him. One factor is the date…27/07, when a lot of them have gone away.

Never mind mate. Wish the good lady a Happy Burfday from me & mine dahn here in Staffs, & if she fancies a BBQ there’s an invite here… 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wise words Ernie as always, level head and all that.

I’ve had a cracking day at home with the kids and good lady, built a wood store and had a few beers etc.
    Sat listening to some good music in the kitchen earlier and it just got me in a right huff.

His excuse for not coming was, it’s all a bit kid orientated and we just don’t do that!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

£160 + travel + the rest starts to sound like a decent spend, add in it’s a whole weekend then it’s a big ask. Some of these things sound great at the outset but if your short on time then it turns into another weekend not doing stuff you like. I’m always wary about big weekend parties etc. it’s like Stag do’s sometimes it’s just too much money/time/etc for people.

MoreCashThanDash

if you need some new friends the Y Not line up looks quite good this year….

federalski
    Free Member

Some of her friends might even be angry at her for thinking of a party like this…
    Waking up in a tent isn’t everybody’s idea of fun. Add kids in and even more so.

And at £160 a couple before the extras it will end up quite pricey quite fast, especially if you need to take Friday off work.
    This sounds like more a thing you would ask a couple of your like minded freinds who enjoy the outdoors and won’t mind a spot of camping if they fancied going.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup the same like minded friends who we’ve done v festival with over the last couple of years at more than double the cost. Anyhoo, took ernies advice, no point falling out about it, but I wont forget in a hurry.
    Hopefully the weather stays like this and it will be spot on….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Friends….’ is closed to new replies.