Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Friend staying more due to plane not flying.
  • juan
    Free Member

So aside from the fact that the SO can not stay and it's getting a bit tedious. Should I ask for money for the cost of the food and petrol (as I am taking him riding everyday), as I am unemployed or should I wait that it comes from him? Can't remember what is the etiquette on the UK for that, will it be impolite to ask?
    On the other hand he says he's enjoying the riding 😀

druidh
    Free Member

See the word "friend?…….

Oh – you still owe me one nights B&B, plus fuel costs from Aviemore to Balerno, Edinburgh and the station btw

juan
    Free Member

LOL at druidh yes I know that, but it's more a riding acquaintance then a real "friend". But I get what you mean.

druidh
    Free Member

Why not just "slip into conversation" the fact that you can't go riding as you can't afford any more fuel this month????

Drac

Well I take it you invented him to stay or said when he asked, then you willing to charge. Shame on you.

DickBarton

Tell him straight…

crikey
    Free Member

Invented him?

An imaginary friend to keep the girlfriend away? Excellent work young Juan!

juan
    Free Member

Well I was more than happy to have him staying over for the first 4 days. But it looks like that he's going to have to stay much longer (at least a week). Of course I invited him I was not going to have him sleep in a hostel.
    Ok I am wrong I'll bite the bullet.

crikey
    Free Member

…just say 'Look, it's getting expensive, can you help me out with cash?'

alpin
    Free Member

i always thought "SO" stood for "Special Other"……. something you're not telling us, juan?

druidh
    Free Member

"Significant"….and I didn't think there was anyone he hadn't told….

juan
    Free Member

Well no why? My uk friend is sleeping in my bedroom, which is usually used by the SO's little kid. SO while he's here she can't come with her kid. And she can't obviously leave him alone. So she stays at hers…

stucol
    Free Member

Emmm, if he has a bike and expects it to take a week till he can go home…….

Why not suggest he undertakes an epic and cycles home ?

Something to tell the grandchildren about.

Wozza
    Free Member

Why not suggest he undertakes an epic and cycles home ?

Class idea, i'd love it if my mate planted that little seed in my brain.

Win, Win. You know what you have to do.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If I was bi. I'd offer to help out. Ignore those above who simply want to out you down.

Tricky to ask him, on balance I think I would if I was genuinely skint. A proper friend would not be offended.

CHB

As crikey says, be upfront. If he takes offence when he has already had 4+ days of freebie food and chaufeuring then he deserves to be offended.
    I would have expected a decent bloke to have at least filled your car with fuel and/or taken you out for a weeks food shop by way of recompence. It's the least anyone can do. If he has contributed nothing then he needs to be asked as he is clearly not being thoughtful. If he has already contributed something then I don't think it should cause offence if you say "look I am skint, having a great time, but skint. Can you help out a little?". Who could argue with that?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'm not bi btw. Definitely not. Its ipod predictive texting for you, not that it's predicting I am bi either.

coffeeking
    Free Member

One would expect the friend to have offered by now. However as a friend I'd never expect a mate to help out unless we're not really mates and just aquaintances.

luked2
    Free Member

You're paying for his food and petrol, yet you yourself are unemployed?

Take a deep breath, and then ask him to pay his way. It's only fair.

zokes
    Free Member

Shoot him and feed his body to some pigs. Job done…

RustySpanner

You could always go on strike, erect a blockade of your bikes on your driveway then refuse to allow anyone in or out until they accept your demands 😀

wwaswas

and make a pyre of lamb chops on the doorstep.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Friend staying more due to plane not flying.’ is closed to new replies.