Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Friend Lost his voice – Remedies needed quickly
  • yamyamblade
    Free Member

Close friend is a professional sports commentator and is supposed to be working tonight but has been struggline last couple of days and has today woken up and cant speak

Come on STW sort him out,he has got 12 days of commentating and needs to get his voice back asap!!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If he is a professional commentator, isn’t he better getting professional advice… or phone in sick ?

Stoner
    Free Member

or phone in sick

he cant. His boss wouldnt be able to hear him.

yamyamblade
    Free Member

he has and they have said hot drinks and rest, self employed so no show no pay …

wwaswas

When I lose something I always try and visualise where I last used it and go and look there.

other than that – wot funkydunc sed.

geoffj

Please let your friend be Alan Green, and the condition be permanent.

LHS
    Free Member

Gargle with dissolvable aspirin thn swallow.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Whisky.
    It might just work. If it doesn’t, he’ll be too drunk to care and may quite possibly have turned himself into a broadcasting legend.

philconsequence
    Free Member

complete vocal rest – no talking, write notes.

no whispering, whispering is awful for a bad throat, it uses the vocal chords to create the shapes of the sound instead of the mouth and stretches the chords further – more damage…. if for any reason he needs to break the complete vocal rest he should try and talk normally no matter how stupid it sounds.

COMPLETE VOCAL REST.

if he can handle the weird taste, then get some vocalzones from boots or somewhere and let them dissolve on the tongue.

no alcohol… its not good for the vocal chords.

did i mention no whispering and complete vocal rest?

thegreatape
    Free Member

McHamish
    Free Member

Download some reading software then type out what he wants to say and let the computer do the talking for him. He might end up sounding like Steven Hawkin though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Brandy works in the very short term… So I’m told. My mum successfully used it to get through a school play once. However if you need to do it for 12 days it probably wouldn’t work 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

right then here you go this is awesome but will cost a fair bit if you dont have the stuff.

umeboshi plumbs (some sainsburys most health food shops)
    kuzu (as above)
    shoyu (as above)

take one umeboshi plumb rip it up and simmer for ten mins in about a cup of water.Add about a teaspoon of shoyu then dissolve a heaped teaspoon of kuzu in a little cold water add this to the pan.stir for a bit.
    DONE.
    A cup of the most bonkers poorly person drink you will ever drink.

once sorted kylie out that did you know 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

My mate has a broken ankle but needs to run 10 miles a day for the next 12 days…..

Being married to a speech and language therapist makes me agree with philC.

roper
    Free Member

absolutely no talking and lay off dairy products too

philconsequence
    Free Member

well remembered on dairy products!

water, warm water and water.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Friend Lost his voice – Remedies needed quickly’ is closed to new replies.