Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Fridge freezer recommendations.
  • Bunnyhop

Ours has a fault which can’t be fixed. So looking for a new one.
    Not having one in this weather is annoying.

Thanks

welshfarmer

It is hard to recommend something other than the one you have and have had for 15 years without so much as an issue. Ours is a Samsung we bought at Iceland all those years ago when they used to sell such things. Since things move on and that model is no doubt defunct I can only suggest you surf the net abit, see if later model/current model Samsungs still have a good rep, and if so, that would be my suggestion! Others may have different opinions.

bearnecessities

The general consensus around these parts for white goods is Bosch for all round awesomeness v value.

I don’t technically have a kitchen yet, but my Dad has, and his Bosch stuff is very nice and works faultlessly.

andyl
    Free Member

Bosch in our flat and Bosch in our house. Seemed to have the best space vs energy vs cost as well as (hopefully) Bosch reliability at time we were looking. Siemens are the same but a little bit more stylish and with fancy controls and much higher price.

One in the flat is a frost free ‘classic’ from 2005 and house one is a more modern stainless model and keeps food noticeably better than the LEC under counter in the kitchen that will be just used for beer/wine/water etc

tbh I think even the once avoid at all costs Beko units are now a lot better as they have teamed up with one of the well known brands I think if your budget is limited.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bosch isn’t vfm.

Beko really are vfm, had one for years, no issues.

In fact more of are white goods are going beko as more functions and quality for less money

bearnecessities

Yeah, but Beko is a bit Brighthouse 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just ordered a Beko ASL141X for the new house (moving on friday). Seems to best value for money @ £550

Philby

Just got a frost free Bosch Fridge Freezer from John Lewis for my new house. My current flat which I will rent out has a Beko which frequently seems to freeze stuff in the fridge despite being on the lowest (i.e. warmest) setting.

For me it was getting one the right size for my needs which cut down the choice massively.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

depends what you’re looking for, but happy with this Samsung bought recently, slide out shelf, two fridge boxes, didn’t really need a big freezer compartment, wanted stainless with handles. Not sure the controls on the front are really all that necessary for me tho.
    currys

slackman99
    Free Member

Liebherr make some good stuff

welshfarmer

slackman99
    Free Member

Good fridge freezers too 🙂

Bunnyhop

Thanks everyone.

We were thinking of a samsung but miele gave us a good deal as ours shouldn’t have completely conked after only 7 years.

bigblackshed

I was about to suggest Siemens, but only because it’s what we’ve got. We bought our last round of “white goods” from a Euronics Centre. They offered good prices, not the cheapest, with the longest guarantees and with lifetime callout and labour, we would only pay for parts outside the manufactures guarantee.

5 years manufacturers on both the washing machine and fridge freezer.

Liebherr make for Miele, FWIW.

wrecker
    Free Member

Just make sure you avoid shite like SMEG and the AGA branded (made by foster) units.
    I have a Bosch and it’s not missed a beat (unlike the bosch washing machine which was crap).

brassneck

Just bought a Bosch 60/40 split off ao.com for £330 including next day cheery delivery. Plenty of others on there, I also bought a 900mm range cooker off them with the same great service.

You will get a follow up call to sell extended warranty but they are easily disarmed.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

We had a zanussi which went rusty on the door after 4 years apparently it was my fault for cleaning it.
    We currently have a Samsung (American style fridge/freezer) which is great – not had a problem with it in the past 5 years. The only thing is that you need to open the fridge door really wide to get the salad drawers out. I think fridge/freezers are something you really need to look at in person to get an idea of size/restrictions etc.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Fridge freezer recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.