Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Friday’s ride…bloody disaster.
  • takisawa2

“Just a quick lap of the Follow the Dog”…

Car-park now £3. FFS. £3. Three bloody quid…!!!
    Chip piece of pad away putting front wheel in.
    £20 for new pads.
    Add air to rear shock, keeps leaking out when unscrewing pump.
    Remove valve & tiny stone.
    Add air.
    Land heavy off jump on section 8.
    Big split in tyre (tubeless). Lose sealant & put tube in.
    Repair complete.
    Rear mech clips log. Gears all out of sync. Bent hanger.
    Give up ride & head for car.
    Load car & head off.
    Cars a bit warm, lets lower the drivers window…
    “Kerrthunk”…as windows falls inside car door.

Panatella cigar music in my head.

Should have stayed at home.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You’re rubbish at life.

taka
    Free Member

ive got some 3″ rope you can borrow but i want it back when youve finished 😆

james
    Free Member

“Three bloody quid…!!!”
    When thats added up over everyone else, just think how far that could go into trail maintenence and trail extension/additions?

“Chip piece of pad away putting front wheel in.
    £20 for new pads”

Was the chip so bad that it reduced the size of the pad significantly? Could you have not used it anyway? even for one ride? For it to ‘chip off’ it probably wasn’t bedded in well enough to start with
    £20 gets you 4 pairs from superstar

“keeps leaking out when unscrewing pump”
    Usually its the air depressurising from the shock that makes the noise/pressure loss. When you connect the pump to the shock, the pressure in the shock/pump pipe has to equalise so shows a lower reading than the shock was when you pumped it last/before you connected the pump. Mine is about 15 psi difference
    [It could be its leaking in use too]

“Gears all out of sync. Bent hanger”
    You could try bend it back? The mech should give you some leverage?
    Otherwise, you should have carried a spare hanger, like you bike manual might (the giant one did when I read it once) tell you to carry one
    Or you could’ve tries to live with out of sync gears for the rest of the ride

“Should have stayed at home”
    You said it

bigyinn
    Free Member

God what an unforgiving lot you are.
    Cut the guy some slack!
    Just one of those days where things go wrong i guess.
    The window falling down made me chuckle, sorry, kind of summed up your day really.

BearBack
    Free Member

Out of interest, where does the 3quid go?

I join WORCA and SORCA (local bike clubs) every year, pay about 100quid a year in membership fees but justify that as 60 of it goes to trail maintainance, 40 to personal insurance.
    Each weekly race costs a quid, again that goes to the clubs for trail, youth or other bike related development.
    So, I’m happy to pay the fees as its absolutely worth it. however if I were just feeding a meter and knew that money wasn’t being put back, like you, I’d be pretty annoyed.

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

Things go wrong when you ride, nature of the beast. The point is surely to overcome, do trailside repairs and carry on regardless. When I think of some of the bodges we have had to do and still kept on going. That’s part of the fun.

neilb67
    Free Member

BearBack – Member

Out of interest, where does the 3quid go?

Straight to the FC. I dont believe any of that £3 goes into trail building or maintenance. If you want to contribute to the up keep and Phase 2 then go to the chasetrails website and download the parking pass form and ALL the money goes to Chasetrails

Chasetrails membership

uplink
    Free Member

£7 at Dalby [for the toll road] & none of that goes to trail maintenance

I’ve bought a £42 pass this year – not too bad for 13 months

takisawa2

neilb67…your a star.
    Form printed & will be posted today.
    £15 for a years parking…!!! (+£12 to CT obviously)
    Bargain.

James…it was a fairly hefty chunk of pad, I could have rode but thought it best not too. They were Avid pads & it only chipped off due to me smacking a disc into it. Shock ok now, when I added air a tiny stone must have got in & was stopping the valve from closing hence air loss.

To be fair I’ve had a good 18 months of puncture / mechanical free riding so have been lucky.

scruff
    Free Member

The Chase Trails carpark pass price is going up in the summer due to Chase Trails needing bigger office space.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Friday’s ride…bloody disaster.’ is closed to new replies.