• This topic has 215 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 216 total)
  • Friday's Fatman Faceplant
  • martinhutch

STATO
    Free Member

I dont think the gap between car and bike was as big as it looked.

If you watch when car has passed there is enough space between it and next parked car, but cyclist was riding outside ‘door zone’ so actually quite far into road. Cyclist also swerved just before car passes, so moment of pass on camera looks bigger again.

Point was, there was enough space at that point for cyclist to move over and car to pass without either having issues, but car decided to start pass on assumption cyclist would move (or he thought he could squeeze past).

bigyinn
    Free Member

‘Tis the modern way, someone pulls someone up for doing something wrong, then the aggressor goes on the defensive rather than say, “oops, I am sorry.”
    Humility in the modern world is very much missing.

Cougar

It looks to me like there was a fair gap between the parked cars where he could’ve pulled across to let the driver pass. Not that it vindicates either of them, of course.

I wonder if the cyclist checked he was ok…

Says in the comments he didn’t, but did see the guy get up again.

Has to be Portsmouth!

Reading, I think.

Cougar

Did the driver give all drivers a bad name?

Difference is, car drivers aren’t a persecuted minority, on the whole.

scottfitz
    Free Member

yes plus karma got him for being a knob.

thomthumb
    Free Member

don’t be ridiculous; why would you expect one driver to represent all of the others? 😉

seadog101

Started badly…. Ended well. Karma.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

needs i believe i can fly dubbed over the fall

teamslug
    Free Member

Both cocks. Fall made me laugh though. Folks need to chill a bit.

lalazar
    Free Member

I used to live there just to the right of the junction on Baker St.

williamnot
    Free Member

Couple of knobjockeys. Nobody comes out of that looking good

MrNice
    Free Member

The cyclist is clearly looking for a barney, and I do think we should make an effort to let faster traffic past when possible, but I can’t believe people on here (and oh look who it is) advocating he gets a good hiding. 🙄

crankboy
    Free Member

I don’t know about go pro camera angles but objects did not appear to be stretched or distorted and it looks to me from the video as though there was enough room to pass . it also looks like if the cyclist thought there was not he should have been smack in the middle of the road . The lad does seem to put a lot of effort in to chasing folk down though.

martinhutch

Started badly…. Ended well. Karma.

The sheer beauty of someone trying to kick a cyclist off his bike then faceplanting the gutter as a result is not to be underestimated on a Friday afternoon.

theotherjonv

shouldn’t laugh but the headstand at the end is classic.

Yes, that’s Reading.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah, Reading. Looks just like Pompey – another place they should tear down and start over again.

rene59
    Free Member

Both of them were knobs but the cyclist was a shitebag. Fleeing away at the end after spending all that time provoking a reaction.

carlos
    Free Member

That face-plant is just golden, after all that shouting and ranting 😆 😆

Both of them are at fault imo and it escalated fast, when there was no real need. But that’s life

PeteG55
    Free Member

Having had a run in with similarly aggressive driver this week I can kind of sympathise with the cyclist, but he’s completely undone himself with chasing the guy down If thats what he’s done. Was he just traveling the same route and caught him up at the junction? Either way, karma was handed out with that fall.

onandon
    Free Member

https://i.imgflip.com/oxa09.jpg

Argh. What’s wrong with this f-ing forum and posting from Apple devices.

cynic-al
    Free Member

rene59 – Member

Both of them were knobs but the cyclist was a shitebag. Fleeing away at the end after spending all that time provoking a reaction.

He should have offered the driver a square go?

rene59
    Free Member

He should have offered the driver a square go?

What was the point of chasing him down and winding him up if not to?

rogermoore

For on and on:
    RM.

nach
    Free Member

brooess – Member
    The cyclist’s initial comment was fair enough and the response was not. Scary how ill-informed the driver was, and how badly he took the comment…

Mind you, a good, solid primary position would’ve kept him behind in the first place, and a narrow, residential street with a junction coming up and cars parked either side is a perfectly justified place to take primary IMO

That’s perfectly true, but it doesn’t necessarily help control a drivers emotions. I’ve had similar reactions while taking the primary position. Dude once razzed up behind me and sat on the horn until we were clear of about 15m of parked cars. In that instance he wasn’t willing to follow through on his threats, but the guy in the video above is a rare example of someone who is.

Edit:

crankboy – Member
    I don’t know about go pro camera angles but objects did not appear to be stretched or distorted and it looks to me from the video as though there was enough room to pass .

The wide angles on cameras like gopros make things look much further away than they are. The rider may be a sanctimonious arsehole, but that driver was being dangerous.

aracer
    Free Member

For those thinking the driver wasn’t that close, try pausing at 10s – how wide is the gap between parked cars and overtaking car (for reference a 405 is 1.7m wide)? The cyclist is clearly further away from the parked cars than the overtaking car in that shot (he appears to swerve in as the car passes). The car barely missed him.

deepreddave
    Free Member

5.4. Poor pike positioning, legs not straight and didn’t complete the full somersault. That Tom Daley has let himself go a bit.

jimjam
    Free Member

I thought the pass looked close considering the lens distortion. Cyclist is obviously one of those guys who’s gotten into a defensive/aggressive mind set. Easy to see why if you’ve ever commuted through uk cities, a few close passes a day can make you pretty angry .

He doesn’t do himself any favours but I think he had a right to say something to the driver. However, if you’re going to go looking for trouble and confrontation it’s probably best you can handle it when you find it. Judging by his tone of voice and his actions when the driver gets out, he seems reliant on the fact that he has a camera for protection.

The wrong guy might just beat him to death to get that camera, and I doubt there’d be much he could do about it.

DezB
    Free Member

Scary how ill-informed the driver was

Ill-informed? Nice way of saying someone is a thick moron 😆

ratzer73
    Free Member

Good old Zin Zan street!

Kit
    Free Member

There are some fragile little egos out there, and too many of them are behind the wheel of a car post on STW.

jimmy

The cyclist is clearly looking for a barney

Dunno about you, but when my life has just been put in danger my adrenaline levels are fairly high.

mooman
    Free Member

The cyclist doesn`t chase the car down … he has just speeded the recording up. Its more likely they were both travelling in same direction, and when the car driver decided to try and park, that enabled the cyclist to catch up.

Having two cameras on his bike suggests he is concerned about near misses. So given an opportunity to confront a driver – he took it. Fine by me.

The driver was everything you would expect though.
    Thick, fat and clumsy … loved the glasses coming off as he takes off.

jimjam
    Free Member

mooman

The driver was everything you would expect though.
    Thick, fat and clumsy … loved the glasses coming off as he takes off.

And it makes me wonder what the cyclist looks like. Does riding a bike or wearing a helmet have some sort of emasculating effect in the eyes of others? All these videos seem to go down the same way with not very (physically) intimidating drivers attacking cyclists who for the most part seem to stand meekly and wait to get attacked.

pitduck
    Free Member

ton(any cyclist filming on the road needs a good hiding..imho.
    just looking for trouble) .you sound like the one looking for trouble,camera shy big fella?,whys that then?,is it in case your caught bullying someone?in real life instead of on the internet

teasel
    Free Member

any cyclist filming on the road needs a good hiding

My partner wants me to have front and rear cameras on my bike for no other reason than, in the event of a fatal hit and run, the car can be identified. How does that fit with your statement?

So given an opportunity to confront a driver – he took it.

And as a result should have been prepared for the aggression. It’s not correct behaviour but it’s quite common, especially in this type of situation.

I’ve had a fair few run-ins in my time – on foot and on the bike. Regardless of who was right and who was wrong most could have been avoided by me not saying anything in the first instance.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sad and funny at the same time.

Made my day but all cyclists where ever they are riding need to where helmets.

Where??

Anyway can’t seen why this means that anyone has to wear a helmet. Actually, there is one candidate and that is the fat thug driver.

thecaptain
    Free Member

the cyclist needs a good hiding….imho. plenty of room between him and car.
    or any cyclist filming on the road needs a good hiding..imho.

It’s always disappointing when someone who comes across as a normal reasonable sort of person abruptly reveals themselves to be a mindless prick.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

To be honest, it seems like these people do it for a reaction then post it on Youtube. Both ****.

To add, the face plant made my day 🙂

cookeaa

I know exactly where that is, just off castle Hill in Reading, if the cyclist really was going to report that fella, he was about a quarter of a mile from the cop shop…

Reading is full of bad drivers, but he would have been better to just carry on than escalating a pointless row with a knob head…

Nobody looks like a “winner” in that video TBH… Just helps paint the picture of conflict on the roads, big whoop.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘Friday's Fatman Faceplant’ is closed to new replies.