Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Friday the 13th
  • Taff
    Free Member

Never been superstitous but got my come uppance tonight. Driving home from work and someone pulled out in front of me on a roundabout, slammed on the brakes and someone went into me! Person who pulled out in front me then floors it. Livid.

Anyone else had any ‘Friday the 13th’ runs ins then?

Mowgli
    Free Member

My clutch cable snapped 🙁

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve just heard that I became a godfather so the ‘clever-dumb’ balance has been restored!

Clutch cable is a bastard. You managed to sort it?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Abandonned, hitched back to the office, drinking the ’emergency beers*’ in the office fridge till my gf finishes her shift and picks me up.

*Every cloud… 🙂

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

My chicken and chorizo Mexicana club sandwich was a little off the mark but other than that nothing to report yet.

ivantate
    Free Member

Going get on a plane in about 45mins…..

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’ve managed to twist a main pivot bearing inside my frame today when trying to remove it.

It’s well and truly lodged in there now. Annoyed.

iDave
    Free Member

utterly grim day, highlight being losing house keys, capping off an utterly grim week. not sure if I can blame friday 13th but roll on saturday 14th.

k-sugden
    Free Member

Some one ran into the back of us on our way to work, chap gave false details fortunately out tow bar took the impact without damage made a mess of his plastic front bumper though.

derekrides
    Free Member

Hangover from hell I had..

MrOvershoot

k-sugden – Member

Some one ran into the back of us on our way to work, chap gave false details fortunately out tow bar took the impact without damage made a mess of his plastic front bumper though.

Nice one so you had the last laugh really 🙂

Reminds me of a bloke who slammed into the back of my old P100 pickup truck whilst I was stopped at the lights, he jumped out and started ranting about the quite substantial damage to his car (shitty old Citroen) I think there might have been a slight mark on my tailgate but it was more of a paint blemish.

I said “tough shit you ran into me” got back in and drove off. Only time I have ever got the last word in at the right time.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Had a spectacularly shit day at work but got home to my little girls being wonderful, had a fun bath time and stress free bed time so the day kinda equalled itself out.

project
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/friday-the-13-th-this-friday

Also we had a complete failure of the power system of the whole network of merseyrail trains in Liverpool for an hour and a half, this morning due to a power surge.

Obviously someonme was working hard to have caused a surge.

chewkw
    Free Member

Accident insurance scam perhaps?

CheesybeanZ

on the flipside it’s MrsB birthday and we’ve had a cracking day 😀
    hope that helps balance the ying n yang karma stuff 😀

grantway
    Free Member

Yep been out and had a good Laugh

bullheart
    Free Member

Drove to garage to put air in tyre, on the way to having a new alternator fitted to my van. Got there, discovered the flat was actually a puncture an wouldn’t take any air. Spare was at home after having got a puncture last week. Got back in van, only for current ‘duff’ alternator to give up the ghost. Call AA and watch as AA man laughs at the fact that, in my passenger seat is a brand new alternator waiting to be fitted.

Oh, the ironing…

clipper68
    Free Member

My car was in for a new exhaust section. Wifey jokes that its friday 13th, damning my car to stay on the ramp ALL day waiting for a replacement exhaust as the one ordered wasn’t correct….

clubber
    Free Member

Friday 13th and some idiot hit us head on because she was driving too fast. Luckily only a slow impact and nothing too serious to my son, car or me but unneeded hassle now. Grrr

and I’ve got a stiff neck this morning…

Taff
    Free Member

Clubber – hope your son is ok too

clubber
    Free Member

thanks – he’s fine.

Luckily only a slow impact and nothing too serious to my son, car or me

and I’ve got a stiff neck this morning…

Really? 😉

My Friday 13th was compounded by taking 5hrs to get back from London to Derbyshire – accidents on my normal route and all the diversions I took. Still, it was a much worse Friday 13th for those involved in the accidents, so mustn’t grumble.

Oh and Mrs STR fell out of bed during some welcome home rumpy pumpy….

iDave
    Free Member

I told her to be more careful…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I stubbed my toe 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

Really? 😉

yeah I know. I was even listening to a story about fake whiplash claims yesterday morning but yes, really… I’m waiting to see how it develops.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Friday the 13th’ is closed to new replies.