Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Friday the 13 th so far.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

My best mates mrs has just had their first child and I’ve sliced my forehead open on a broken light bulb.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I took my brand new BMX to the local skatepark for an early morning chav-free sesh before work. The brake cable came loose from the pinch bolt and I did a comedy wobble and crash into some steps with both feet skidding along the floor trying to stop Flintstones style.

teasel
    Free Member

My forehead was drawn to a wall which resulted in a lovely red lump appearing as I watched in the mirror. Hit it again about 4 minutes later (door frame) and cut my finger removing a baked cheesecake from a springform tin – have no idea how.

Going for a ride into town to do some shopping in about 10 mins – I may be gone for some time…

piemonster

I’m about to set off on an 8 hour drive.

Uhh, fingers crossed.

teasel
    Free Member

Crossing fingers whilst driving is just asking for it. How do you expect to maintain an effective grip on the wheel…

footflaps

I’ve got the day off after an overnight flight from J’burg. So far, put the washing on, mowed the lawn, taken a cat to the vets for annual boosters. Will go to the Garden Centre after lunch I think…

lemonysam
    Free Member

I got a free cookie with my morning coffee.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve got to fire the mower up shortly. I’m hoping no “final destination” type action occurs with loose blade bolts etc….

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The street was jammed with cars on the school run, I had to take a big detour, it’s raining.
    On the plus side, my MTB is back in full working order for a Yat ride tonight 😀

PiknMix
    Free Member

Only just realised it’s Friday the 13th by reading this thread. Glorious day and I’m going for a ride later.

iolo
    Free Member

Getting ready for a 4 hour drive to Leogang. I hope nothing happens on the way.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My glasses just fell off.

dknwhy

Noticed a hole in the bottom of my work shoes.

Ate my lunch at 11.15am instead of my usual 1pm. I’m still hungry…….

TWO LUNCH FRIDAY!

IHN

I’m leaving work early for a weekend of campervanning, sitting in the sun, listening to some bands and drinking cider.

Then again, that sounds like the opening scene of an episode of Casualty…

ourmaninthenorth

I baked a cake last night for work colleagues.

I dropped it on the kitchen floor this morning.

rhid

I had an offer on my house! Its been for sale for 5 months, 2 viewings, last week of contract before moving to another agent and there has been a low “offer” made. I am not convinced its genuine!!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Carved off 20 minutes from the commute since February. Considering chucking the rest of the medication.

Spotted going alongside Clapham Common this morning: a red “Inspector Morse”-type Jag with the number plate (drum roll)

“MY 8F” 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

30 miles on the road bike in the sunshine with only one twunt of a driver who just had to get past the cyclist, no matter what. Discovered a tin of spaghetti with sausages in my work locker so had that for breakfast. Leaving work at 1pm to go collect my daughter from school and have a play in the park.

It’s all going pretty well so far. I was born on a Friday 13th so perhaps this is actually a lucky day for me?

Harry_the_Spider

I lost a pen but found it again moments later. It was under some paper.

Off to the loo soon. I hope that the seat isn’t warm. Wish me luck.

LapSteel
    Free Member

The toilet roll was on the wrong way round this morning and I then walked into a spider web leaving the house! 🙂

enfht
    Free Member

Not a good day for a DangerWank™

Actually, it may heighten the senses!

Update to follow.

fasthaggis

I got a free cookie with my morning coffee.

Me too ,home made and very nice.

Only one thread from hora ,so the day’s looking good so far 😉

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Relaxing in the sun with a coffee and a smoked sausage bap.

dashed
    Free Member

10 mile commute into work in Manc, very little interaction with traffic, mainly along the Mersey – most pleasant 🙂 Most aggression I came across was from the geese and goslings who had taken up residence on the path and didn’t fancy moving!

MoreCashThanDash

Lovely sunny ride in this morning. Fairly quiet on the work front. Leaving at 1pm to go home the long way, 19 miles all along the river and canals. I hope there is an ice cream van at Trent Lock.

slowoldman

All steady as she goes so far. Another 4 hours or so for things to go tits up in the office but after that I’ll be heading for the pub. Then I’m off to Waitrose for 25% off wine for 6 bottles or more.

woody2000

My missus just called me to say the neighbour had seen someone (a bloke) nicking a pair of undies (also a blokes) off the neighbours washing line. She then also told me that the kid’s school had sent a message to the parents warning them to be vigilant as someone had been seen acting strangely near the school – I’m guessing it might be the same person. Trying to stop myself from going all Daily Mail paedogeddon alert!

Not a great start to the day!

scotroutes

Answer your emails first 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ive got paint under my finger nails

yunki
    Free Member

my kids are being utter bastards

nickc

My boss has just sent the following email

“We seem to be off the pace, please look into the detail and put some quick wins into place this morning”

If you see a headline in the papers about a man chopping his boss in very small pieces indeed, don’t panic that was just me, other than that the day seems to be going along just dandy

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Nickc, just tell him to go and ringfence his unicorn. 😀

tthew

My new bike is already a good few days over the 21 day supply schedule, and even though today is build day, the status still lists ‘in picking’ This is despite me clicking refesh every 5 minutes to hurry it along. (** brant brant brant **)

However, a Monday 16th bike may be better propostion anyway!

molgrips
    Free Member

Tried to reinstall my computer yesterday, buggered it up. Got it working this morning though, and it all seems hunky dory and lickety split. Something’s bound to go disastrously wrong…

samuri
    Free Member

I’ve woke up with a crick in my neck and my son has just informed me he’s ‘a bit short’ on his final payment for his university rent.

‘A bit short’ meaning £500

rusty90
    Free Member

A beautiful day, friends coming round for a BBQ at 6.00 this evening.
    American clients have just scheduled an urgent meeting requiring my presence – at 6.00 this evening 👿

Pigface
    Free Member

So far so good 😆 13 is my lucky number.

Harry_the_Spider

my son has just informed me he’s ‘a bit short’ on his final payment for his university rent.

‘A bit short’ meaning £500

Does he have two functioning kidneys?

sandwicheater

I got a wave from our son at nursery for the first time. He’s a sensitive sole and upto now (15 months) has not been pleased to be deposited.

Was chattering away this morning. Staff took him to the window as I left and he was as happy as a happy thing in happy town after consuming a helping of happy flakes.

Almost ran back in to give the little bugger a hug.

tthew

Update – new bike waiting to be shipped! 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Friday the 13 th so far.’ is closed to new replies.