Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Friday Quiz – what is significant about these two pics?
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

Pic one:

Pic two:

Each pic represents something in particular…

crikey
    Free Member

I’d like to care, I really would.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You’re a big fan of Tesco’s Finest Most Expensive espresso pods?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Deveron53
    Free Member

Well, you bothered to look, type and hit return. A welcome break from bitching about wheel sizes and “my tyres won’t seat” posts.

It amused me at the time.

argoose
    Free Member

I give up

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Disney and Hitler?

Harry_the_Spider

Both the same apart from one being more expensively packaged, like Clare Balding and Eddie Izzard?

scaredypants

bottom one looks like it might be the shape of a poncy coffee machine ?

top one really really slightly looks like someone riding a bike (if you squint)

spuddle
    Free Member

The first picture ones cost you more than the 2nd?

Liftman

The first one contains horse

cranberry
    Free Member

The first pic represents nearly running out of coffee.

The second pic represents not nearly running out of coffee.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Answer:

Pic 1 is the amount of espresso required to get banned from competing in the Olympics: 6 cups.

Pic 2 is the amount of espresso that would actually kill you: 187 cups.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Jeez, that like so awesome

tomhoward

Wow, that’s a thing.

scuzz
    Free Member

So, having had more than 187 espressos, I’m dead now? Or do they have to come from a plastic container with a made up word on the side of it?

RobHilton
    Free Member

the amount of espresso that would actually kill you: 187 cups.

I had a go at this in the week – I usu. drink a triple espresso in the morning; I was in a hurry on Tuesday so didn’t get to before leaving for work so… at work I borrowed someone’s cafetiere & made coffee for 2. Turns I haven’t got a clue how to make “normal” coffee and used approx. 8 times the amount of coffee I should have.

End result: I had a very distracted buzzy day, the girl who drank the other cup felt nauseous and went home – and felt shitty all day/night, I made it to 4 o’clock before I felt rough, got home at 5:30, went to the bog and barfed through my nose; had rubbish night’s sleep.

True story, thanks for listening.

tomhoward

Rob, your story wins over the op. Thanks to the op for teasing out Rob’s story.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Things happen for a reason 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Pic 1 is the amount of espresso required to get banned from competing in the Olympics: 6 cups.

Pic 2 is the amount of espresso that would actually kill you: 187 cups.

Wow. That was really worth waiting for. It’s kind of a shame that such a wonderful post isn’t actually true

http://www.wada-ama.org/en/Resources/Q-and-A/2012-Prohibited-List/
    http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WADP-Prohibited-list/2013/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013-EN.pdf
    http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/World_Anti-Doping_Program/WADP-Prohibited-list/2013/WADA-Monitoring-Program-2013-EN.pdf

Deveron53
    Free Member

Thanks for that correction aracer, I appreciate the enthusiasm. I feel a bit like an oxbridge don (whatever one of those is), so many willing research assistants. Now can you help me with the second pic? I’d like you to go and drink 187 cups of espresso in one go and then report back. Don’t worry about the cost, just send me an invoice after you’ve written up your findings.
    Yeeees.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m up for it! Who else is with me? I’ll be Jim Jones, y’all can be the STW Temple.

samuri
    Free Member

One of my favourite Futurama episodes.
    Fry, for those of you who don’t know, has blown his entire 300 dollar war tax refund, on 100 cups of coffee….
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Ef0ErCU1c[/video]

Kryton57

Just to clarify, is that 187 cups of Nespresso intensity No1, or intensity no 11?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Friday Quiz – what is significant about these two pics?’ is closed to new replies.