Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Friday night phone fight
  • Northwind

Honor 6X vs Lenovo P2 vs Moto G4 Plus… And inevitably STW will recommend other things so I might as well ask for that too- some sort of Wileyfox?

These all look decent options but I just can’t split them. I’m not much of a power user, all I really want is android, STRAVAAAAA gps, a reasonable camera, a day’s charge, some toughness, an SD slot, and not too much weirdness

Lenovo apparently has the best battery but I’m OK with a daily charge. I’m a bit biased against Motorola just because my old Moto G was always disappointing… The Honor 6X seems to be my favourite but I have no idea why.

I don’t know anything about phones really so, tell me what to think!

ThePinkster

Not much help but I keep looking at the Moto G4Plus at the moment after the years of solid performance I’ve had from my original 1st gen Moto G.

Don’t Lenovo make them as well these days?

EDIT
    And looking at he price of the P2 I could get a custom built64GB G4Plus & still have a shed load of money spare to squander direct from Motorola

Northwind

Yeah, I feel like the Lenova does have some advantages but they’re not really selling it. It’s an expensive handset-only buy from what I’ve seen but I’m probably going contract and it’s a free handset these days. It all looks worthy but for whatever reason I’m not really that into it

rmacattack
    Free Member

the next new smaller/slimmer more expensive i phone, just because its a new i phone and you have to be seen with it ya know.*

*sorry not much help, it just had to be done

CountZero

the next new smaller/slimmer more expensive i phone, just because its a new i phone and you have to be seen with it ya know.*

*sorry not much help, it just had to be done
    Except for the small issue of the lack of Android, card slot…
    Not that I actually GIS about either of those things, especially a card slot, but they’re what the OP specifically asked for.

vinnyeh

I’ve a G4Plus, the cheaper (though it’s gone up £20 since i bought it) Amazon job with 16 GB storage, dual sim, 2gb ram.

It replaced an LG G3. In comparison it runs stuff faster, there’s no lag in opening apps, no crashes and it’s a lot more responsive. Screen isn’t quite as nice, but is a bit larger. Phone isn’t too big in the hand, but buttons in the side are easy to push accidentally. No NFC. Camera seems very good, on a par with the wife’s iPhone 6 in most conditions though according took some review a is not so great in low light. Pro mode has lots of controls.
    Runs Nougat now.

bails

My wileyfox was rubbish*. Now got a Xiaomi mi5 which was more expensive but it’s very good.

*Want to buy a Wileyfox Swift? Not used for long, great condition.

stumpy01

Not had any experience with the others, but had a play around with the Lenovo P2 last weekend in the Three store.

Seemed bloody impressive to me. Keep thinking about replacing my 4 year old Xperia T and it’ll probably be for one of these….

Camera seems to be about the only thing that they say is a weak point. I get the impression it’s OK, but no more….

sbob
    Free Member

I’m a bit biased against Motorola

Owned by Lenovo now anyway.
    No idea how separate the companies are.

rone

Also look at the Moto G5. I just replaced my smashed G4.

I think I actually prefer the size of the G4 – 5.5 V 5.0. The G5+ is 5.2 i believe.

Main advantage of the Gs over the P2 is vanilla Android. P2 has skin iirc but has an immense battery.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

all the phone snobs on hotukdeals are slagging off the new motorolas, saying quality has dropped off since Lenovo took over. They probably all own pre-Philips Gaggias, too.

dovebiker

Recently acquired a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact for £150, ex-display with 1-year warranty – I was looking at Motorola but the new ones aren’t as water-resistant. Haven’t had any problems – it spent 5 days in the arctic at -20C in my jacket pocket, frequently retrieved covered in ice, but didn’t falter. Has good battery life too – can easily get 2 days+ if just using it for calls, light browsing.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

it spent 5 days in the arctic at -20C in my jacket pocket, frequently retrieved covered in ice, but didn’t falter

#humblebrag

edit 😀

since it’s all about the h8 at the minute.

Del

well, if we’re hating…
    just bought a g5 to replace a z3compact that was frankly disappointing. or to put it another way, unmitigated junk. it worked quick enough for sure, but the back broke, twice, as did the front. the rhs of the keyboard never worked properly – software problem according to sony. 🙄
    quite pleased with the g5, and android just keeps getting better.

Northwind

Cheers folks- I’ll bin the Lenovo and the Wileyfox from the list, I’ve heard too many comments on the Lenovo camera. I’ll have a look at the others mentioned too

Ta!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Friday night phone fight’ is closed to new replies.