Friday Night House Music

Home Forum Chat Forum Friday Night House Music

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Friday Night House Music
  • spchantler

woop woop! hands in the air like you just don’t mind….

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Found some old tapes of mixes I did in the mid-90s so I uploaded this one to Soundcloud, bit too trancy for my tastes these days but some big tunes and the mixing ain’t bad even if I say so myself.

Enjoy

bikebouy

excellent, I’m honking out to room84s latest podcast as I type….(its on soundcloud)

Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber
    muckytee

Hope my neighbours like it too 😈

chutney13

shit that is fast. 😆

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

shit that is fast.

You’re not wrong!

I think a lot of us went through a period in the late 90’s of pitching everything up to +6 or more though at one point or another…

Recognising just about all the tracks in it so far… Pete Lazonby’s “Sacred Cycles”, been a while since I heard that! Got both official Hooj Choon’s vinyl releases of that track somewhere in my Dad’s garage. What a tune back in the day, though my tastes are waaaaaaaaaay less trancey these days.

Guessing from the kinda tracks you played in this, you were BIG fan of labels like Bonzai, Hooj, Bedrock, Platipus and the like…?

imnotamused

Some good stuff there, have to say I’m on radio 1 at the moment with their 130bpm special. nice.

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

Just to add…

Was MASSIVELY into Global Underground, and all their associated DJ’s and artists back in the late 90’s, and that Dave Seaman Album used to get cained constantly at high volume in the CD player in my car, honking it up and down the Motorway to see my GF at the time every weekend for most of Y2K!

Got bored with trance a year or so later I think, when the “usual suspects” like Tiesto, Van Buuren etc. all started to pollute it and turned it tosh.

Some good stuff there, have to say I’m on radio 1 at the moment with their 130bpm special. nice.

DAMN! Had missed that one… Will have to listen again on iplayer

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

I think only Dark and Long was pitched up and a few of the harder tracks were pitched down and then gradually sped up so I could get some of naturally faster stuff in. Particularly fond of the Sacred Cycle mix.

I went a bit trancier with some harthouse stuff and the like for short time, never did the Goa thing though (not sure I could have lived with myself, let alone share it on-line now if I had), before spending a lot of time in London around 98, getting back into much better music 🙂

Download it if you want it, not paying for space on Soundcloud so will stick something else up in a couple of week.s

imnotamused

DAMN! Had missed that one… Will have to listen again on iplayer

It’s still on…

muckytee

Some music from your mix was used in the Olympics opening ceremony

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Friday Night House Music’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top