Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Friday mumsnet venom
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member
    slowoldgit
    Free Member

That is rather good. Goes back for more…

cchris2lou

why ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Imagine being allowed to swear like grown ups….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seems reasonable.

Better than discussion of stems.or some shit.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Even the names, eg Vladimir’s Putaine, amuse me more than the average on here.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’m torn. I don’t like Beyonce, but I also don’t think I like Sarah Vine (no idea who she is). But I’d like to wade in there and stick up for her and see what happens. Call it a study.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

slowoldgit – Member
    Even the names, eg Vladimir’s Putaine, amuse me more than the average on here.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Or CockacidalManiac!

bodgy
    Free Member

Anyone who has a pop at Gove’s Mrs, no matter how nefarious the reason, is alright by me.

>not a reference to any content in that article, just a statement of my disdain for that man and anybody who considers him as worth being related to<

mark90
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a link to a mumsnet thread with someone complaining about porridge all over the kitchen

chakaping
    Free Member

Wow, they’re a vicious bunch aren’t they?

Assuming you didn’t know who Sarah Vine is, I’d say everything in that thread comes under the “fair comment” banner.

martinhutch

It’s a marvellous bearpit. Makes us look like some kind of elegant debating salon at times.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Wot hims sed /\

vickypea
    Free Member

^ wot they said.
    I found it to be a horrible place.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

“Poundshop Lannisters”. Brilliant insult!

Not sure I’d want to raise my head above the parapet over there!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Better than discussion of stems…

Now you’re being unreasonable.

Without a stem (not even the right stem) my life would be incomplete. Without bickering over the media and celebrities…not so much.

Glasgowdan – ‘CockacidalManiac’ is now my word of the day. But I’m not going ‘over there’. No.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Wow, they’re a vicious bunch aren’t they?

No.

The Daily Mail are a “vicious bunch” and Sarah Vine is an utter car crash of self-loathing-turned-outward.

wallop

I thought this was going to be a link to a mumsnet thread with someone complaining about porridge all over the kitchen

😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

Anyone who refers to a Daily Mail journalist as a “misogynist ****” is fine by me.

poah
    Free Member

why someone being pregnant is news or worthy or being written about is beyond me.

vickypea
    Free Member

No one has a monopoly on viciousness. I find both the Daily Mail and mumsnet to be vicious!

MoreCashThanDash

I love the occasional foray into the wild world that is Mumsnet. Their “classics” thread area has some really great stuff in there.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Oh dear, STW in danger of becoming mumsnet! 😉

xico
    Free Member

Imagine being allowed to swear like grown ups….

A very good point, Jamie. Can someone please explain to me why we are treated like children on here?

MoreCashThanDash

Because we act like children most of the time?

bails

Because we act like children most of the time?

Yeah but you started it!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Are we nearly there yet?

sockpuppet

we are treated like children on here?

Yet still seem to manage to communicate quite effectively without using every 12 year old’s favourite vocabulary.

This place is better for it IMO.

Now, about that dress code…

CountZero

glasgowdan – Member
    Oh dear, STW in danger of becoming mumsnet!

Dunno about becoming, there have been threads that have been just as vituperative, only without the overt profanity!

Cougar

Can someone please explain to me why we are treated like children on here?

It’s supposed to be family-friendly, rather than Sweary Adult Central.

Plus also, there are ladies present, though if Mumsnet is anything to go by that’s a moot point.

Jamie
    Free Member

Plus also, there are ladies present, though if Mumsnet is anything to go by that’s a moot point.

Somewhat patronising, Cougar.

Although I feel you only said the former to add the latter 😉

It’s supposed to be family-friendly

All those under 30 raise your hands.

*no hands get raised*

scotroutes

Cougar – Moderator

Plus also, there are ladies present, though if Mumsnet is anything to go by that’s a moot point.Sort of disproves your sexism 🙂

FWIW I don’t see the need to revert to constant use of swearing but some of the words starred out seem relatively trivial. **** being a good example (that pseudo-sweary word used in Father Ted.)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

**** being a good example (that pseudo-sweary word used in Father Ted.)

Reported for swear filter avoidance.

scotroutes

I didn’t avoid it. The swear filter did its job. :mrgreen:

Jamie
    Free Member

At least have the right number of *.

Ducking is ****.

Madness.

vickypea
    Free Member

Well, I’m a lady (even if Edukator thinks I’m a hairy bloke!) and I do swear but I’m not venomous

MrOvershoot

vickypea – Member

Well, I’m a lady (even if Edukator thinks I’m a hairy bloke!) and I do swear but I’m not venomous

Have you told MrP he’s married to a hairy bloke 😉

TBH I get on with all the women at work as they tell it straight, If they are not happy with something they will say so & you know where you are.

50% of the blokes play a shitty political game of back stabbing and made up crap

MrsToast
    Free Member

There’s a huge number of forums, most of which are helpful, friendly, and pretty chilled out. AIBU is notoriously savage though, home to some excellent parking threads though (with diagrams, if you’re lucky).

slowoldman

I had to Google AIBU! Mumsnet language does seem a bit, you know, unnecessary. We’re all grown ups, we know what **** means. It doesn’t need spelling out.

Anyway, **** it.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Pretty sure there i a guide to the mumsnet abbreviations on there somewhere

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Friday mumsnet venom’ is closed to new replies.