Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Friday MTBing where should I go Cannock/FOD/Malverns/Woburn/Other ?
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hey I’ve got Friday off. I live in Reading and need to be in Lichfield Friday night.

So really I need to go somewhere between the two.

Half of the monkey trail is closed at cannock at the moment. But I could do other trails in the north I think I can remember them.

Is their anypoint with Woburn I know both Cannock and Swinely. Is it any better of different ? (XC rider btw)

FOD could be a choice is the verders trail quite short ? If I did that in morning could I find something else in the afternoon to do ?

Other choice is maybe malverns I here this is busy at the weekend what would a friday be like ?

Any other choices. I know there is alot of stuff in shropshire now but might be a bit too far.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

bump

oli82
    Free Member

How about around Lickey / Clent Hills? That’s sort of on-route.

It’s really not far from Lichvegas up to White Peak either – Matlock and surrounds in an hour easy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    composite
    Free Member

I thought I had read somewhere that the Monkey was fully open again, can any one confirm?

EDIT: here’s a Licky hills to Clent HIlls route. Convenient parking at Barnt Green station. http://www.composite-projects.co.uk/mountain-biking/barnt-green-to-clent-loop/
    Shame you are not a round today, I’m going to do a variation on this route tonight. I wouldn’t have thought this was worth travelling to though if totally honest, maybe I have just become a bit of tired of this route though as I do it all the time. I reckon Cannock is a better bet.

rocketman
    Free Member

The Monkey diversion was still in place on Sat.

motozulu
    Free Member

Just off up to cannock now – am doing the Dog but will ask about the monkey – there was a small diversion on the dog yesterday. Its about as muddy as it gets at the moment though not too bad – nice and empty yesterday – I paseed one group of four lads and that was all I saw.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hey Guys, thanks for the tips. Not too sure I’ll do the lickey’s this time but as you say kinda on the way so I fancy doing it sometime thanks for the route should come in handy.

timmys

A warm up lap of the Verderers at FOD and then onto Cwmcarn makes a nice day out if that works geographically for you.

Woburn is great but if you don’t know it is realyl best with a guide to show you wheer to go. Also pretty damn muddy outside of the sandy jump area at the moment I would imagine.

therag
    Free Member

Venderers trail, then half way around again to join on to the dh trails. There’s some real good lines down, all of which are rollable going slow or big smiles fast. I havnt rode the newly opened dh yet though, so not sure about that one.

stevied
    Free Member

Friday is normally pretty quite on the Malverns. It’s the weekend when all the ‘ramblers’ come out. Can give you some tips on a good route if you fancy?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hey both the last couple of ideas sound good personally I’d like to go to the malverns but my mate whom i riding with has decided he wants to get the train out of london and euston is closest for him and Virgin train are the cheapest so meeting him in Lich.

hopefully I can remember the trails in the northern bit if the monkey turns out too short.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Hey both the last couple of ideas sound good personally I’d like to go to the malverns but my mate whom i riding with has decided he wants to get the train out of london and euston is closest for him and Virgin train are the cheapest so meeting him in Lich.

hopefully I can remember the trails in the northern bit if the monkey turns out too short.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Friday MTBing where should I go Cannock/FOD/Malverns/Woburn/Other ?’ is closed to new replies.