Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Friday is the last day of the week. It is also A&A day!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, why not kick it off now, it's after the Thursday watershed and near enough to Friday as makes no difference!

The athletic and aesthetic thread rides again! Clean, safe for work pictures only please, of REAL sportspeople who are both athletic AND aesthetic. Let's have pics of the chaps as well as the ladies, as ever, and if you have any smutty comments, please don't post them!

So, without further ado, let's kick off with the ever lovely Emily Batty;
    Picking up her new race bikes now she's been promoted up to the world level of Trek's racing;

How about a little bit of retro mud,

Barrie Clarke (left), Tim Gould (centre) and someone else!

Doesn't have to be bike related, so let's see what you've got for this week, people!

(remember, keep it clean, please!)

MartynS

ahhh Jess..

ahhh Liz

tomdebruin
    Free Member
    wwaswas

that surfer looks quite fit;

derek_starship
    Free Member

Judging by the number of replies, it looks like Friday A&A has hit the buffers.

Here's a nice lady archeriser. Don't know her name but she makes me quiver 😛

donsimon
    Free Member

Nicole Reinhardt- boatist

Shame to see the A&A die because of a few.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Shame to see the A&A die because of a few.

surely it will only die if the vast majority of forum members decline to post to it ?

midlifecrashes

Shall we have the queen in full English kit for St George's day?

donsimon
    Free Member

surely it will only die if the vast majority of forum members decline to post to it ?

You're right, but I think a few were quite vocal in their opinions possibly intimidating others and preventing them from posting. It's a bit of fun and motivated me to lose a few kilos, but some people made it an uncomfortable place to be.

Amanda Beard

Gareth Thomas

Gareth says: Happy St George's!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Amanda Beard

photoshop re-touch :FAIL:

theyEye
    Free Member

markenduro
    Free Member

No photos but there were some lovely young ladies riding actual bikes at SSEC10 last weekend.

samuri
    Free Member

Gina Carano, fighter. We've seen this one before but well worth it I feel.

DrJ

Judging by the number of replies, it looks like Friday A&A has hit the buffers.

Well, surely even CFH will eventually get tired of posting pictures of Emily Batty – a pretty girl by Doncaster standards, but below the average Tesco check-out girl anywhere else.

big_scot_nanny

I actually googled 'sexy pole vaulter' to find a pick of the nice russian lady, and found out about Alison Stokke. Blimey! However, for experience as well as beauty:

john_drummer
    Free Member

below the average Tesco check-out girl anywhere else.

you've obviously not been to Tesco Bradford then 😉

colnagokid

I think we get Bradfords rejects! and dont you DARE need assistance on the self service tills! 😈

grumm
    Free Member

Did you also read this bit about Alison Stokke? 😐

Within days, pictures of her, innocently taken at a track-and-field event, were on the internet and being leered at by tens of thousands of men all over the world on websites that have nothing to do with sport.

The attention has become so great that Miss Stokke, 18, now locks the doors and avoids leaving her house alone. Her father, a lawyer, checks the internet every night for potential stalkers. She has even had to enlist the services of a media adviser to fend off hundreds of requests for photographs and interviews.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article1857190.ece

Talkemada
    Free Member

you've obviously not been to Tesco Bradford then

I have! And there were some very pretty girls there!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Canal Road or Halifax Road? Must have been Halifax Road, as I occasionally shop in Canal Road one & it's not a pretty sight

anokdale
    Free Member

Manningham Lane anyone, not much A & A up there 😯

john_drummer
    Free Member

I don't know how aesthetic they are but there are some professionally athletic types up there:

if you're thinking of the "ladies of the night" I heard they'd moved

Talkemada
    Free Member

Have you seen some of the gaffs up on Manningham Lane? Proper nice houses. I think some folk don't like Manningham, because some Brown people live there, but I reckon it's right nice.

I like Bradford. I think it's a great little city, loads more character than Leeds.

I meant the little Tesco down on the bottom of Sunbridge road, you know, just south of TJ Hughes.

samuri
    Free Member

Her father, a lawyer, checks the internet every night for potential stalkers.

Why would someone do this if it wasn't to be able to sue them?

RustySpanner

Sure she's been on here before, but what the hell….
    Missy Gibson. Surfer:

And, Maria Costello MBE, TT racer:

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ms Batty came second in U23 at Dalby 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Abi Greenaway (XC rider for Charge Bikes)

MtbCol
    Free Member

Ms Batty at full power!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

good man 🙂

i have to say though all your pictures seem to be from the rear

you ARE simonfbarnes and i claim my £5

MtbCol
    Free Member

Oops – you lose your £5!
    My excuse is that my camera has a slow shutter response time. No, really it does 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

I meant the little Tesco down on the bottom of Sunbridge road, you know, just south of TJ Hughes

not familiar with that one, I live out of town now

the nice houses on Manningham Lane are where the rich merchants lived before the coming of the trains and later the car. As the ability came to move out into the countryside and still get to one's factories, mills & warehouses for a day's overseeing, so they moved out into the Aire valley (for example), and the less well off moved in.

Manningham was already on the slide long before the mass immigration after WWII started…
    TBH there are worse parts of town. Thornbury, Bradford Moor, Laisterdyke, Woodside, Dudley Hill, etc. Mostly on the east side, but on the west side there's also Girlington, Allerton, Lidget Green…

I'm not a native of Bradford but I've lived in the district since 1982 – first a student just off campus, then inner city on the Pudsey side of town; moved to the 'burbs in '98, where we are in walking/cycling distance of some fantastic countryside.

TBH it's a dump now. The city council need stringing up for what they've allowed to happen to our once marvellous city centre. Not just the Westfield Hole, but also some of the amazing city centre architecture – e.g. the Wool Exchange – who on earth thought replacing Victorian Gothic with a 50ft high sheet of glass was a good idea?
    Having said that, Little Germany is looking better now than it has for a long, long time

And don't get me started on live music in Bradford…

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Friday is the last day of the week. It is also A&A day!’ is closed to new replies.