Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 207 total)
  • Friday A&A !
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Anyway – I have made my point and I shall leave you to it.

Until next time, 🙄 . Bye!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Now now Cougar – it sounds derogatory and is used in relation to women, ergo in the context of this thread it gives the impression the user knows what they are talking about and must therefore be casually dropped in to reinforce the posters’ credentials. The fact that it is used (IMHO and yours) incorrectly is irrelevant!

Have a read up on ‘misogyny’ and you might find I was using the word correctly. Behaviour which reduces women to nothing more than objects for male sexual gratification is misogynistic. Having said that, this thread has very little overt behaviour of this kind. Probbly because people are actually now mindful that they need to carefully consider their behaviour a little more. And so they should.

I’d say that was a TJ win, actually. 🙂

wheelz
    Free Member

some find it hard to grasp the reason why I think this sort of thread is out of place, disrespectful and distasteful on this sort of forum and in the modern era which is a sad reflection on how are society is.

Fixed that for you…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Buzz – do yu really not understand?”

No, no I really don’t. Perhaps because I don’t have a distorted outlook on gender and sexuality. Wake up and smell the coffee: how women look is important to men. But only fool thinks that men ONLY judge women on their looks…

I have noticed there are some silly, provocative pics posted [rolls eyes] – you must have realised you are being trolled? While I respect your right to a different opinion, your constant badgering on A and A borders on harassment. Keep it up and you will get a complaint.

Here’s a personal fav: the blisteringly fast Lindsey Vonn, who brings sex appeal to top flight women’s skiing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Keep it up and you will get a complaint.

🙄

who brings sex appeal to top flight women’s skiing

🙄 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

“Buzz – do yu really not understand?”

No, no I really don’t. Perhaps because I don’t have a distorted outlook on gender and sexuality. Wake up and smell the coffee: how women look is important to men.

Then:

Lindsey Vonn, who brings sex appeal to top flight women’s skiing.

So, female skiers need to be ‘sexy’ then? Why is it only Lindsey Vonn, in your onion, who brings ‘sex appeal’ to skiing? Don’t any of the other women skiers have ‘sex appeal’? Please explain why only miss Vonn has ‘sex appeal’. I’d be very interested in reading your views.

😕

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A&A is in the rules, TJ!

colande
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Anyway – I have made my point and I shall leave you to it.

I bet you can’t leave it, you love it too much!
    you seem to like the reaction that you create.

Woody
    Free Member

Have a read up on ‘misogyny’ and you might find I was using the word correctly. Behaviour which reduces women to nothing more than objects for male sexual gratification is misogynistic.

That’s stretching it Elf. The recent pics are more an appreciation of the female (and male in case you hadn’t noticed) form in a sporting context and IMO can’t or shouldn’t be labelled as having misogynistic intent.This is underlined by the fact that many of the pics were taken with a female market in mind.

If you really want all pics containing attractive people showing off their physique to be banned, you are effectively trying to deny that sexual attraction exists.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Elf, are you a TJ wannabe? Instead of complaining, criticising and being a useless non-contributing critic, get onto your piccy library and show us an athletic AND attractive (fe)male person.
    You could show yourself playing footie for example.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elf, are you a TJ wannabe? Instead of complaining, criticising and being a useless non-contributing critic

Instead of moaning, Hairy, why not go away have a read of what I’ve written, then try to understand it. Education’s a wonderful thing you know.

Then, if you’re capable of formulating an intelligent, informed response, come back and we’ll discuss things.

Oh, and have a look at what ‘irony’ means too, while you’re at it… 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thought so. As you were.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Rumbled. 😳

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ you are being a bit hypocritical. When Cinnamon Girl posted a link to a lingerie site your response was “are you going to model them for us” dont say that the likes of A+A drives women away, statements like yours to CG are more likely to drive girls away.

Hairychested
    Free Member

When you’re married moaning is one of few pleasures you can indulge in, Elf.
    Show us your A&A, c’mon mate!

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’d say that was a TJ win, actually.

Jesus wept…
    Sorry, I can’t do irony and TJ together. He gives me creeps but I’m not talking about it as I don’t fancy a ban 😉
    Elf, are you coming over for SSWC? A familiar face would be more than welcome.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Don’t any of the other women skiers have ‘sex appeal’? Please explain why only miss Vonn has ‘sex appeal’.

oooh this is an interesting one Elf. Let me ask you this…Do you think she has sex appeal? Do you think all women skiers have sex appeal? if not, which ones don’t and why. If so, then do all women have sex appeal?

cinnamon_girl

TJ you are being a bit hypocritical. When Cinnamon Girl posted a link to a lingerie site your response was “are you going to model them for us” dont say that the likes of A+A drives women away, statements like yours to CG are more likely to drive girls away.

Pigface – have to disagree with you there. I knew TJ was joking, we have both been on here for many years, and I knew fine well that he disliked the whole A & A thing.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Jeremy Clarkson introducing the author of “The Female Eunuch” on Have I Got News etc…

“And on Ian Hislop’s team, a woman who, in 1970 said that all Englishmen were either queer or impotent (well, at least the ones she managed to get interested in HER, anyway) – Germaine Greer.”

He’s a card, that Clarko…

Discuss.

Lifer
    Free Member

Have you read ‘The Female Eunuch’?

And bad luck pigface, swing and a miss.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Pigface – have to disagree with you there. I knew TJ was joking, we have both been on here for many years, and I knew fine well that he disliked the whole A & A thing.

but what about the dainty waifs venturing out into the machismo world of MTB? are their catholic sensibilities to be ignored? their good nature offended by unhealthy discourse between fallen women and disreputable oafs flaunting their uncouth urges on a public forum?

MrSmith
    Free Member

some roman chicks prancing around in bikini’s doing some exercise

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sorry just saw your 3 into 1 question Fred. I’ll try to answer, for what it’s worth.

“Why is it only Lindsey Vonn, in your onion, who brings ‘sex appeal’ to skiing? Don’t any of the other women skiers have ‘sex appeal’? Please explain why only miss Vonn has ‘sex appeal’.”

There are many sexy skiers of both genders. Maybe it’s the skinsuits, maybe it’s the speed, maybe it’s the winning. Maybe it’s the blonde hair but I find Lindsey particularly appealing. And I suspect I’m not alone in that opinion. You might find Anja Paerson, a skiier I also admire, more appealing. So what?

It’s funny, we were watching a fav film of mine the other night: Solaris, with George Clooney. I love the whole idea of the film. The GF let slip she just like looking at George 🙂 She’s not being “dirty minded” or unfaithful, she just enjoys his sexyness. We can sit together and enjoys a film together for entirely different reasons at that’s great.

Imagine her reaction if I starting scolding her for being lewd and banned her from watching it?

A and A is in the rules. Setting out to disrupt peoples enjoyment of the forum is illiberal and against the rules.

Anyway, here’s a pic of Anja to cheer you up:

onewheelgood

Mr Woppit, I really don’t think that helps.

TJ, your attitudes are unhealthy. Please take them somewhere else.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

No, but it fits really well.

TJ is a puritan. Look what happened LAST time they were let loose on us. We should be grateful he’s restricted to belabouring us with his admonitions (with which of course, I agree) on a PUBLIC internet forum…

Anyone for the dungeon?

ahwiles
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl – Member

(Pigface) “TJ you are being a bit hypocritical. When Cinnamon Girl posted a link to a lingerie site your response was “are you going to model them for us” dont say that the likes of A+A drives women away, statements like yours to CG are more likely to drive girls away”.

C-G; you knew, but that’s not the point. TJ’s misogynistic comment definitely caused at least 300 women (who didn’t know) to leave the forum, forever.

here’s a picture of Daley Thompson, a very A&A person:

and i’m not even gay or owt.

i’m allowed to watch ‘mammals’ with Dave Attenborough, and i’m allowed to find an aesthetic beauty in the form and movement of a dolphin or a leopard without anyone calling me a grubby pervert.

if i admit to seeing similar grace and beauty in a human being, it seems my name is added to the sex offenders register.

cinnamon_girl

Well, one thing’s for sure is that after all this carry-on, no new girlies will be ar*ed to join the Forum. 🙄

wheelz
    Free Member

Well, one thing’s for sure is that after all this carry-on, no new girlies will be ar*ed to join the Forum.

Why not, as it seems that not all ‘girlies’ feel the same way as you about A&A or TandemJeremy’s personal crusade on behalf of all womankind?

donsimon
    Free Member

Well, one thing’s for sure is that after all this carry-on, no new girlies will be ar*ed to join the Forum.

In my opinion the girlies or women who are out there are treated as equals on the threads and there is no reason why more women shouldn’t join in.

Kevevs
    Free Member

can you back that up cinnamon girl? I think it is actually a very positive thread! I may be wrong, but Tj is just trying too hard to be thoughtful and altruistic to everyone. what a bastard.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone else watching Legally Blonde on TV?

epicyclo

A suggestion.

Those objecting to the A&A thread buy themselves a woman’s magazine and look at what’s in it.

Those objecting to the A&A thread open their eyes and look at the images presented in public places (eg advertising material).

What this comes down to is if you are offended, then put on blinkers so you can’t see what is all around you and what is regarded as suitable for public display.

MrSmith
    Free Member

maybe they are offended by the term “girlies”?
    or “chicks” 🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok as I still keep being attacked by people who don’t understand the point I was trying to make and my point has been lost in people making up things I have supposedly said

Firstly giving women (and its always mainly women on these threads with men as a fig leaf) value only according to their attractiveness is sexist and disrespectful.

Secondly theses threads always deteriorate into leering laddishness “cor look at that” and “i’d like to vault her with my pole”

IMO and that of a significant number of posters this sort of behaviour is inappropriate on a forum like this. There are plenty of other sites if you like that sort of thing

I am not offended by the pictures themselves – its the attitudes the posters display that I find mildy offensive and certainly very sad.

ivixxiv
    Free Member

“i’d like to vault her with my pole”

She can vault me with her pole anytime.

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

Love those skintights…

What’s with those rubber horse? I don’t get it. 😯

nonk
    Free Member

tj just accept it man you have made a tool of yer self this time. 😐

wheelz
    Free Member

IMO and that of a significant number of posters this sort of behaviour is inappropriate on a forum like this. There are plenty of other sites if you like that sort of thing

Firstly, I don’t think you’re using the word “significant” in the correct context there, as an overwhelming majority of the people who have posted on this subject don’t agree with you.

Secondly, most of us did understand your point but disagreed with it. The fact that you automatically assume that anyone who disagrees with you does so because they are too stupid to understand your point, I find more offensive than any number of “I’d like to vault her with my pole” comments. And it’s not just on this thread that you’ve made that assumption.

Lastly, A&A is covered in the forum rules, which are dictated by the people who own and publish this forum. As Mark has already stated, A&A will stay and surely it’s his decision as to whether it is appropriate, not yours.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Weelz – its clear many folk do not understand the point or people would not be saying ” if you are offended don’t open the thread” Its not about the effect on me, its about the tone it sets and the acceptance of sexist comments on threads.

As for offensive – just look at the insults that have been hurled my way. Nice.

Anyway – as you say Mark said his piece as well.

I merely wanted to correct the misunderstanding that some have of my point

I will bow out again.

donsimon
    Free Member

I am not offended by the pictures themselves – its the attitudes the posters display that I find mildy offensive and certainly very sad.

But I thought you simply disagree with posting pictures of scantily clad women and rule breaking, even though clearly no rule is being broken. A bit of continuity in the argument wouldn’t go amiss. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘Friday A&A !’ is closed to new replies.