Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • fricking pothole = two immediately flat tyres…
  • woffle
    Free Member

arrrgghhhh.

Riding to work in the dark, fail to notice the new pothole whilst doing 25mph. Bang. Two instantly flat tyres. Get the spare tube in the rear only to notice that the front is beyond repair with parallel 1 inch splits. Nice 3 mile walk home pushing the bike cursing the £8 it's going to cost me in new tubes.

All before 5am.

Arse.

Anyone got any good ideas on preventing pinch-flats (other than avoiding potholes)? It's on skinny darkside Schwalbe Durano tyres running at 100psi…

eth3er
    Free Member

Nothing useful other than avoid **** potholes and write a strongly worded letter of complaint to your council.
    It might make you feel better. 🙂

woffle
    Free Member

going to report it to the council. Then if it happens again they can pay for the bloody tubes. Wouldn't be so bad only it's an Airnimal so running unusual 24"x.9" tubes that I can only get online as nowhere in London or locally stock them.

(I know someone who did exactly that when he took a proper tumble, only instead of tyres and tubes he ended up trashing his wheels. Not sure how the council are going to deal with a bill for very pricey darkside wheels)

Kahurangi

Bright lights, big tyres.

35c's here and I still got caught by a pot hole in the last round of floods, when I couldn't see the road surface.

jond
    Free Member

If the pothole's been reported to the council then they're liable – you might be able to find it on
    http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/

and if it's not – you can log it yourself
    http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/faq/why-use-fillthathole

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

good lights ++

On the Dunwich Dynamo one year I learnt the value of good lights when I hit a pothole with skinny tyres and a fixed drivetrain (ouch!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘fricking pothole = two immediately flat tyres…’ is closed to new replies.