Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Fricken Ice!!
  • acjim
    Free Member

So I didn’t think it would be Icy this morning, set off for my commute and it felt a bit nippy but there was no frost so it was head down and hack to get those xmas lbs off… Downhill from the 1st hill, up to 30ish and whoosh – front wheel goes out to the left faster than thought and I’m sliding along the ground in a moto gp style and end up slipping up into the verge. Picked myself up (with the help of a v.kind driver) and granny geared it into Bristol (about 9miles), it was painful but ok, until I got off the bike “oh my gawd, that’s painful” – luckily a pair of wonderful folks spotted me hopping and went out of their way tp help, Hannah and Andy – you’re legends!

3hrs in A&E (good service as always) later and it seems I have bruising but no breaks, good news, but will be off the bike for a couple of weeks and crutchs for a bit. What a numpty.

MrAgreeable

Well, you won’t be beating me in any ‘cross races for a while then. 😉

Heal up soon mate. I had my own ice-based misery earlier this year after the gritters missed my road, and there’s literally nothing you can do, you just fall off! Maybe some home made snow chains?

http://www.mtnbikeriders.com/2007/02/13/diy-tire-chains/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fricken Ice!!’ is closed to new replies.