Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

That stanton. ZOMFG! Who do I have to kill to get one?

wwaswas

Saw one in the flesh last night – it was lovely 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

The Stanton’s are indeed lovely – very, very happy with mine.

The only thing I’m not 100% on is the internal cable routing; I think my (stolen) Mk I’s cable routing was actually a bit neater. The large openings do make it a bit easier to install though.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Looks exactly what I’m after, apart from the price. Will have to marry Rupert Murdoch or do a season on the crab boats. ALthough is it not a Sherpa? website has the switchback down as a 27.5 and the tyres on that say 29, or am I mistaken?

andyl
    Free Member

£1600 for a hard tail FRAME? WTF!

Yes it is lovely. And rare. And titanium. But crikey.

mindmap3
    Free Member

It is indeed a Sherpa, having looked at the pic blown up.

The Ti versions of that is rather nice too – a friend has one and runs it as a 650b+.

There was talk of finance being offered on the owners group…

Andy – but it’s worth every penny! I don’t regret selling my Banshee for one.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That Stanton. How flippin’ much?

But if were a man of profligate means, I’d have one ordered in the blink of an eye. It’s utterly gorgeous.

andyl
    Free Member

Andy – but it’s worth every penny! I don’t regret selling my Banshee for one.

Well I guess Ti frames need to be 3-4x the price of a steel frame (RRP, many more times trade + profit) to provide the warranty* 😉 (runs away from the Ti lovers)

and yeah, if I was a banker or MP I would have already put in an order for one. It is lovely.

*not being brand specific, just general Ti observation from other brands Ti frames.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ha ha.

Kind of get what you’re saying – I had a steel one before which I loved. I swapped to the Ti one just because and in the land of reality it is harder to justify the outlay. As much as I like my Ti version, it’s not three times the bike of the steel one.

Not a banker or MP – it was funded by selling the steel version and the Banshee because I had too bikes that covered the same base and I only rode one of them (the hardtail).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday’ is closed to new replies.