• This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday?
  • Harry_the_Spider

[taps watch]I’ve got 9 minutes left.[/taps watch]

binners

Why on earth do you insist on pputting yourself through it. You don’t need any of it, and you can’t afford it anyway.

You’ll only upset yourself. Nip to the pub for a lunchtime pint or two, then a kebab. Its what Fridays are for

Harry_the_Spider

It is an addiction.

honourablegeorge

This is one of those rare coalescences of Fresh good Friday and pay day for me.

Last time this happened, they had a load of Intrepid Apparel gear onn, ended up with two new jerseys.

Harry_the_Spider

I bought a sports bra.

dragon
    Free Member

While you wait for a lazily suck together set of press releases for overpriced tat, may I suggest you peruse this website to stop you doing something you shouldn’t:

Rapha

rOcKeTdOg
    barney
    Free Member

While you wait for a lazily suck together set of press releases

It’s a disconcertingly large amount of work, FWIW. No press releases were consulted, but I do look at the packing slips and the websites for prices. Hope that helps 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

It’s the start of the weekend just as double Simpsons and Robot Wars with Philippa used to be.

binners

Right Harry – I think you should buy those bright yellow disco slippers, the orange helmet, and the goggles. See if you can be more flouro-enduro than Andy by Monday. Your bikes already the right colour

Harry_the_Spider

I’m 40 years too old to get away with the shoes and the wrong sex.

I like the look of the elbow pads for my lad though.

dragon
    Free Member

Well not to be disappointed an overpriced chain (wasn’t that on the other week?), a £200 set of shoes that don’t even have a full carbon sole!! A groupset that isn’t really a groupset unless you run brake-less and a very expensive ‘wicking’ top that will be in the Sprint CRC discount sale. Still it ended on a high as the elbow pads for kids look a good buy.

Mark

So you read it then 🙂

barney
    Free Member

Dragon – If you read my post, I was taking issue with your description of it as ‘a lazily suck[sic] together set of press releases

I really couldn’t give a monkey’s whether the products disappoint you or not 🙂

The chain was there because they sent us another one. It’s the new stuff that comes into the office each week, do you see?

mogrim

I like the red balloon, very Nena, do they do one for motorbike helmets too?

dragon
    Free Member

Yep sure did Mark while munching my Deep Ridged crisps and then during my sandwich (Ham & Mustard if you want to know) I read the BikeRadar one, who for Spinal Tap fans will be happy to see it goes up to 11.

BikeRadar also have the Pacenti PDent handlebar and stem, and similarly no price. I’ll be honest I’m in the I don’t get this forward geometery lark camp, so on those I’m out (regardless of price).

Mark

Sounds like someone could do with a beer. Or is it the Phil Collins bit. I knew that was going too far. Anyway, FGF is fun. We like doing it and mostly people look forward to it. Look how it’s been copied elsewhere 🙂

nickc

Mark/Barney….pretty please can you stick up a picture of the black Fox helmet, I’m in the market for a FF.

And is a review of that SRAM groupset going to be in the mag? a £450 1×11 groupset seems (on the face of it) pretty awesome VFM

barney
    Free Member

Nickc – don’t say we never give you anything – check FGF again 🙂

The SRAM groupset is for a build. I daresay it’ll find its way into the mag soon…

nickc

cool, thanks guys!! loving the cross-eyed storm trooper look!! 😆

xherbivorex
    Free Member

See if you can be more flouro-enduro than Andy by Monday

not a chance, wait til you see the new gloves i got yesterday. and i might even wear my fluoro orange defeet socks this coming week too…

Alex

FGF is ace. Even if just to peer into Barney’s amusingly random mind 🙂 I’m pretty sure I got ALL the Phil Collins references but was a bit disappointed that you didn’t manage to slip in ‘No jacket required’!

Nick – you’ll be needing that new helmet 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fresh Goods Friday?’ is closed to new replies.