• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by JRTG.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fresh blood needed for Shoreham sunday morning ride
  • timnwild

Small gang of us do a 2-3 hour loop starting at Lancing College and going around Cissbury, Chanctonbury etc. Mixture of climbs and what singletrack we can find.

Getting a bit thin on the ground with folks moving away, taking up running instead (pah) and so on – any takers?

Normally leave 7.30-8 a.m. to minimise family moaning.

slimjim78
    Free Member

sounds great, but im near Heathrow so would be up at 6am to get there on time, and everyone knows that 6am doesnt exist.

m1kea
    Free Member

I’m not actually racing or shooting anything this weekend so do need to get some miles in.

If you can poke up with a roadie wannabe trying to keep up then LMK

Lifer
    Free Member

What’s the parking situation?

JRTG
    Free Member

Funnily enough I live in Shoreham. Will defo be able to join in but sadly not this Sunday. Will be riding after work at least one evening this week if you fancy it?

JRTG
    Free Member

Maybe even this evening!!

njee20
    Free Member

I’m only in Billingshurst and don’t know the South Downs at all, I could be up for coming along!

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I tend to work Sunday’s, but I like the early morning idea…I’ll try make it over soon.

DrP

I’ll be moving to the area (Worthing) in a few weeks time…..
    So, although I can’t make this one, count me in for future ones!

DrP

infidel
    Free Member

Mate and I intermittently ride a similar sounding loop from Steyning – am off to Wales this weekend but the next time I get a pass from Mrs Infidel I’ll drop you a line!

mattsccm
    Free Member

I thought blood doping was a sin?

TimP
    Free Member

Would be keen in the future but I am busy the next couple of weeks

timnwild

Sorry folks just checked back in after a busy day.

Parking isn’t great, but a few people park in the cul-de-sac behind the Red Lion pub here:

Googlemaps link

We’ll set off at 8 a.m. from the wooden bridge over the River Adur, directly opposite the pub, normally get back around 11 am, punctures and hangovers not withstanding.

My mobile’s 07540xxxxx666246 or drop me a line on timDOTwildATrazorfish.com

We’re not mentally fast (everyone’s Dad age), but try to ride for 3 hours with only very short rests, lots of hills, and a few fast downhill singletracks in there too.

See you there.

m1kea
    Free Member

I’m planning on pedalling down unless it’s persisting down on the morning.

I only know the SDW track so bits like Findon etc will be new to me.

JRTG
    Free Member

Hi are you riding this week? I’ll be out and about if so!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fresh blood needed for Shoreham sunday morning ride’ is closed to new replies.