Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Frequent long haul fliers – battery packs – allowed ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Flying abz-lhr-kl-perth on monday.

Got a 6600ah battery pack with led torch built in. Have not done long haul for a number of years- just down to west africa where it seems anything goes.

Are these allowed these days ? Do they hav to be charged a every securitycheck point or disharged or what ever- was that just a yankee thing ?

Flying the malaysian airlines so wish me luck 🙂

Malaysian air planes anygood for movies or it like lufthansa ( utter pish)

brant
    Free Member

Some airlines don’t like them turned on, but I always travel with one and have never had any issues.

torihada
    Free Member

Now when travelling (work) long haul and taking LION (Lithium-ion) powered power tools; bare kit goes in the hold, batteries go in the carry on; i put electrical tape over the connectors. As I understand it, items with built in LION batteries (iPads/laptops/phones) are ok as long as in cabin luggage. I think this stems from LION batteries in the new Dreamliners shorting and starting fires (hence the requirement for electrical tape over the connectors). I assume your 6600 amy battery is not LION, therefore a non issue?

Best check with your carrier to find out their policy (print it out if you can, then if you get some over zealous security official at the airport telling you LION batteries or mega powered torch are prohibited you can show them your airlines policy).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Frequent long haul fliers – battery packs – allowed ?’ is closed to new replies.