Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • French text book from the 80s?
  • scoob67
    Free Member

Think it was Jean Paul and Marie Claudette. Dont mind much more but defenitely Longmans audio visual.

Riksbar

Hummersknott Comprehensive here and we did Jean claude, Marie France et al, I seem to remember a newspaper called Depeche d’Ambiers as well. Also Lieslotte ,Lumpi and Ceacilius too. have to say when the Latin course opened in sunny Pompeii we suspected it might not end well for all concerned.

molgrips
    Free Member

We were taught German by a talking bratwurst.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that what your teacher called it, Molly?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

I think we used a book called La Rochelle.

bruk

Ecce Romani, Sextus puer molestus est.

Can’t actually remember which French book. Explains why I can order 2 beers please in several languages but not much else!

konabunny
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Probare.
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I always preferred Sammy Davis Jr to Dean Martin.

jag61

La famille Bertillon were knocking about in the 60s. I started secondary in 72 and our books were well thumbed/knackered by then luckily as all of the vocab was at the bottom of the pages, and Mme nutty kate couldnt work out why the fools at the back got good test marks.

shooterman

Vas y gaiment anyone?

chip
    Free Member

We had tricolore too, I am sure we used another book as well.
    Bibliobus rings a bell.

6hours
    Free Member

Ah yes Longmans Audio Visual was my first taste of French in the mid to late 70s. Les Marsauds – wasn’t monsieur Lafayette their schoolteacher?
    I remember listening to the tapes while our teacher Arthur Cox nipped into the storeroom at the back of the classroom for a fag. Poor old sod couldn’t get through 40 minutes with us without a smoke.
    I also encountered Caecillius as Latin was compulsory for the first two years.
    Didn’t do the same German course mentioned above but during many of our lessons we got plenty of (not so relevant) first-hand accounts of WW2 in Northern Italy where our teacher saw front-line action.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘French text book from the 80s?’ is closed to new replies.