Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • French Alps Holidays
  • davedodd
    Free Member

Hi All,

A bit of a plug I know, but if anyone is wondering what company to use for guided trips in the Alps, a group of friends and I had a fab time at The White Room last week. http://www.whiteroomchalet.com
    Our weather was a bit mixed with some great days at the start followed by a bit of snow on the Friday, but SteveO and Iona took great care of us and showed us some really great trails. A number of us were pushed out of our comfort zones, and came back better riders as a result, but all the time we were listened too as well. Great service and great trails.

Special mention needs to be made for the accommodation, and especially the food. James and Mel create some culinary masterpieces, and it’s easily the best food I’ve had on a biking holiday.
    So, I know there’s plenty of good companies out there, but if you’ve not considered these guys before add them to your list, you won’t be disappointed.

SteveO, Iona, James and Mel, if you see this, thanks for a great time, and yes Debbies hip is getting better!!!!

Dave

neil853
    Free Member

We had a days guiding with Steve while we were out in Les Arcs, he’s a top bloke and was very easy to get on with. He also showed us an unbelievable 60km route that was dh for nearly 45km!

I would certainly have no hesitation about recommending Steve and his staff for holidays. I’m considering it for next year myself.

coogan
    Free Member

Been three times with the White Room and can’t recommend them enough. Top people and and fantastic holiday. And James food was bloody amazing. Still think about the pork belly burgers he made… dribble…

davedodd
    Free Member

Mmmm pork belly burgers!!!

Nice shot of Tignes by the way.

wl
    Free Member

Another plug here – if you’re after a very high quality holiday with amazing backcountry riding well away from the crowds, I can 100% recommend Bike Verbier. Friendly, professional, well organised, great food and accommodation, ace guides and breathtaking trails that need to be ridden to be believed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is a reason White Room keeps getting plugged on the where to go threads – it’s simply awesome 🙂

I’d have been there last winter and this summer if I hadn’t moved so far south 🙂

The exploration type days were great – Loved the Tignes ride

Milkie
    Free Member

Getting even more excited, returning to the White Room on the 15th! 😀

9 Days to go! Woop Woop!

lipseal
    Free Member

Take a bullet proof vest if your going, some nutter is shooting people. 🙁

neil853
    Free Member

Take a bullet proof vest if your going, some nutter is shooting people

eh?

BoardinBob

neil853 – Member

Take a bullet proof vest if your going, some nutter is shooting people

eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19499157

neil853
    Free Member

Jesus 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pretty shocking

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘French Alps Holidays’ is closed to new replies.