Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Freezer repair prices….. what's reasonable
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Neff upright fridge freezer(one side fridge the other side freezer): the freezer side seems cold at the bottom but not at the top.
    From what I can tell it may be a fan failure but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to get the back panel off from the inside of the freezer section to have a look.
    Neff offer two repair options: £89 plus parts regardless of how long it takes to fix or £12/month for 12 months which includes all labour and parts for this repair and any other faults which occur in the next 12 months (probably none).
    I’ve no idea how much it would cost to get a repair person out or the cost of parts, so are either of the above worth trying?
    Appliance is about 5 years old and cost £££ so I’m a bit miffed it’s gone wrong really 😕

Cougar

I was in a similar position a little while ago with a washer-dryer (in terms of fix / 12 month offer). I’d diagnosed the fault but couldn’t crack open an internally sealed unit without fear of damage.

In the end, I went with the latter. Figured it was worth the extra few quid for an additional 12 month warranty. Turned out to be a worthwhile investment when something else went pop on it several months later.

wrecker
    Free Member

£89 plus parts regardless of how long it takes

That’s pretty good. Think £44 call out, £45 for an hour to change the fan. Couldn’t argue with that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Freezer repair prices….. what's reasonable’ is closed to new replies.