Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Freeware PC Backup Software?
  • Notter
    Free Member

Morning everyone, was running a first backup on my laptop last night using Vista's inbuilt backup software, but it seems to have completely stalled overnight. Considering it (obviously!) took ages is the inbuilt backup software any good? Is there anything else I could / should consider using, preferably free 🙂

Gowrie
    Free Member

I have used Covian and Macrium Reflect. Covian works well for my simple needs. Macrium looks more powerful and seems to work well, but I haven't fully got to grips with it yet.

Colin

mudpup
    Free Member

SyncToy v2.0 is pretty good but lacks a scheduler

JulianA
    Free Member

You could always use SyncToy with Windows Scheduler (assuming Vista has it) – just tried it out and although it dosn't actually run the backup it does open the application – which would at least act as a reminder.

doc_blues
    Free Member

been using sync toy + scheduler to sync my pc with a NAS for about 18 months – works without fail at 9.20pm every night…easy peasy (well the initial backup takes blinkin ages…but once its done then it is just a matte rof updating)…no doubt some clever sod will be along with instructions on how to wrtite a batch file to do it soon…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Freeware PC Backup Software?’ is closed to new replies.