Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Freeview recorder choices?
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Hi.

Though STW might have experience with this. I am sick of paying 75 quid for a landline I dont use and hundreds of unwatched TV channels so I have gone the Broadband only route.

I still need a recorder though. Probably freeview, but I have a SKY HD dish so freesat is an option

I want Upscaling over HDMI
    Dual or triple tuners

this is widely available but I would also like to get rid of my WDTV hub and use the recorder to play music and video files stored on it’s own drive transferred via ethernet. (dont want to use my laptop as a media server, really)

does anyone own such a thing?

mudshark
    Free Member

Does Youview interest you?

http://www.whathifi.com/review/dtr-t1000

Dancake
    Free Member

hmm Quite nice but maybe just a bit too pricey at the moment.

I like having my films in a library (I have spent hours transferring DVDs and CDs to my Media Hub ) but wanted to avoid having too many Boxes on the shelf. I was hoping there was a combined media hub/ recorder available but not sure now…

I have run a PC media centre before years ago with media portal which was a bit flakey so I binned it. I have heard people are running linux media centres these days which are quite reliable. hmmm

rewski
    Free Member

Youview via BT Infinity, some good deals on at the mo.

bamboo
    Free Member

Raspberry pi running xmbc. With a usb tuner, the whole lot will cost <£50. Not sure about the twin tuner aspect though.

Failing that playTV if you have a PS3. I can sell you mine if you want 🙂

kimbers

my sony one hasnt missed a beat in over 4 years, the menus seem a bit clunky now, but picture quality is ace

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Freeview recorder choices?’ is closed to new replies.