Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • freeview re-boot!!!
  • cove123

anyone noticed anything differnt?

have Quest now, old re-runs of TJ Hooker anything else i am missing!!!

alfabus
    Free Member

BBC1 and BBC2 seem to be in a stupid place on my box – they are on channels 1005 and 1004!!

weirdness

stumpyjon

If only we could get freeview, come Nov 4th…….

rOcKeTdOg

can't get itv3 now, could before, no more wall to wall poirot!

uplink
    Free Member

It's only frequencies that have been shifted to help Ch5 in places & to free up some bandwidth for DTV-HD

Everything should still be there – just some will have been moved, it will vary depending on what transmitter you use
    If you had a poor signal before, you'll will still have one now – you may have lost some channels & gained others though

Coyote
    Free Member

'Babestation' seems to have been added. 8)

Drac

Everything should still be there

Nope some have lost ITV3 and ITV4

dobo
    Free Member

all my channels are in stupid places now itv 3,4 are like 50 clicks away…

uplink
    Free Member

Nope some have lost ITV3 and ITV4

See my last line – most will fall into this category

There is a big possibility that they were carrying a signal problem that they didn't notice because they didn't use them channels now that other channels are using those frequencies – it appears as a new problem

There's also an issue with very old Freeview boxes – if you have one of those, you can't fix that

matthew_h
    Free Member

I've found a new channel on our's. Gay Rabbit, wtf?

Drac

See my last line – most will fall into this category

Ah a get out clause, damn.

uplink
    Free Member

I take it you get yours from Pontop Pike or one of it's relays?

Just looked at it & all channels are present & correct

zaskar
    Free Member

Why what happened? Freeview upgraded?

Ah C5 has come on and everyone had to retune up. And some get Quest and some lose itv3/4.

Drac

I take it you get yours from Pontop Pike or one of it's relays?

Yup Chatton mine works great, wouldn't mater anyway as only using it while we're out of the main room then it's back to Sky digi.

mudshark
    Free Member

From http://www.freeview.co.uk/_retuneinfo/

Some viewers who receive their Freeview service from a relay transmitter will no longer be able be able to receive ITV3 and ITV4. As a result of moving position on the Freeview platform, a small percentage of homes will find they lose these services after retuning.

allthepies
    Free Member

Try channels 10 and 24 (ITV3 and 4).

If you get a blank screen or a "please retune" page then you need to errr, retune 🙂 If you get your Freeview from a relay transmitter then, as above, you might not be able to receive them anymore.

project
    Free Member

Theyre all there but moved around a bit,thankfully whjhen you go to menu and then channel list you can delete some of the channels, like rabbit and Gay rabbit, along with Mobilizer and all the selling channels.

john_drummer
    Free Member

It's only frequencies that have been shifted to help Ch5

funny that. Before I retuned I (think I) had Ch5. Can't find it now though.

But do I care? I don't think I've ever watched anything other than footie on Ch5. And even then Jonathan Pearce gets on my nerves…

so, IMO, no great loss. Besides, I have SkyHD so anything I can't get on Freeview I'm already paying for – and able to see – anyway

Philby

Took about 4 goes – lost BBC1 and 2 first go, then a few others. Now seem to have got everything back but two channels haven't got their name on the menu. God knows how old people and other people who can't understand technology will get on retuning their TVs – Jeremy Kyle will have an audience of 1!

Apparantly all the telephone helplines have been swamped with calls and people can't get through – what a cock-up!

MartynS

did anyone actually read the instructions before re-tuning?
    You should have reset your box to its default settings and then done the channel update.

DickBarton

Exciting times…we seem to be very excited about having to retune the tv, but something far less insignificant seems to have little chatter (Volcanic eruption, global warming, etc.)

I retuned and seem to have all the channels I did have all in the same place…which is handy as I only really watch 4 of them and none of them are channels 1-5…so I don't need to relearn how many clicks of the remote I need to do to swap channels…

rOcKeTdOg

no ITV4 for me, so no Tour next July then 🙁

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘freeview re-boot!!!’ is closed to new replies.