Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Freeview HD PVR's
  • bristolbiker
    Free Member

Looks like our Freeview PVR is on the way out (one of the tuners is losing colour/cutting out/coming back on randomly….), so wondered about getting a Freeview HD box to replace it.

Was planning on either Freview HD or Freesat at some point in the future, but this has brought the decision forwards? Thoughts and Freeview HD PVR recommendations if you please….

N.B. Sky and Cable are out, for various reasons…..

ton

freesat is the way forward….. 8)

not seen a good hd freeview pvr yet. we do sell a triax freeview hd pvr and we sell humax freeview pvr too.

Cletus

You cannot really go wrong with Humax imo. Freesat gets more channels so that is the way that I would go.

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10087&cat=stb

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member
    Lactic
    Free Member

I bought the humax freeview+ HD PVR recently and have been very impressed by it. Nice user interface and good picture quality on the HD channels. There is never a good time to buy these things though, always a new standard just around the corner (3d, project canvas etc) that may or may not be worth waiting for.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hijack! (hi Fred) We’ve got a Humax Foxsat HDR whose user manual says ‘Series recording. If a programme you wish to record is in a series, you can now record the whole series’, however there’s nothing in the manual to tell you how to do series link. I was also assured at the shop it was possible.
    Anyone any ideas before I go & talk to the spotty youth behind the counter?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a Technika branded FetchTV from Tesco. It really well specced and has loads of good features, especially the networking (transfer stuff over your home network, set recording online from anywhere, watch iPlayer). It is a bit glitchy and the user interface isn’t nearly as good as my old Topfield. They are working on it and update the software pretty regularly. The picture quality is great. Bit of a mixed bag really but OK for the money. Better range of good channels than freesat last time I looked.

ton

essel, go to the schedule button, bottom left.
    reservation comes up,go to repeat then select either weekly, daily or whatever you want.

gonefishin
    Free Member

We’ve got a Humax Foxsat HDR whose user manual says ‘Series recording. If a programme you wish to record is in a series, you can now record the whole series’,

If it’s the same as the freeview ones, and I’d suspect that it will be, you go to the electronic program guide and press the OK button (NOT the red record button) to record the program that you want. The machine will then ask you if you want to record the series or not, identify any clashes, and if there are clashes identify any alternative program times that would resolve the conflict.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Thanks for that Ton & GF, but I have just found out that me & my Mrs are both thick when it comes to techy-ish stuff. We’ve actually series linked Corry & not even realised. (done it on Sky as well it’s so sad) We’ve only kept fookin Sky ’till we get the hang of the Humax’ 🙄
    It’ll be cancelled tomorrow!
    I feel stoopider than usual!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Freeview HD PVR's’ is closed to new replies.