Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Freestanding electric oven stopped working
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

hey all, have done a little search online but not pulled any satisfactory results….

According to Mrs XC Steve she turned the oven on it worked for a couple seconds heard a little pop then it no longer worked. Got home to find the mains fuse had tripped so switched it back on, top electric hobs are working just the oven and gril (two separate sections) aren’t working.

So the pop would direct me to a fuse but upon a little look I couldn’t find any obvious fuse sections on the cooker and the fact the hobs are still working would imply its separate. Any ideas, would an old (10years) cooker be worth the cost of an repair man? Or should I just buy a new one?

PePPeR

It’ll more than likely be the element that has blown. look up the model and the price of a new element on T’internet.

stumpy01

Have you googled the model number for a manual to look for a separate fuse?
    Of course, you’d still have to find the cause of the fuse popping!

FWIW I just got a Kenwood double oven (built in jobbie) for £50 off eBay. It’s stainless steel in really good condition and there were loads of cookers & ovens on there.
    My OH busted the door on ours and it’s too old to get a replacement. I wanted something to tide us over until we replace the kitchen in a year or two.

There were loads of factory seconds and stuff going cheap too. Stuff like NEFF double ovens with a scratched stainless panel on the front, but otherwise brand new for about 70% off retail price. Worth a look for sure…..

trevron73
    Free Member

Thats freaky? The exact same happened to us today this afternoon ,hob and grill fine but oven broken – do not know how i will cook the chicken tomorrow ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Freestanding electric oven stopped working’ is closed to new replies.