Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Freeserve or Freesat?
  • yetidave
    Free Member

My Humax freeserve hard-drive is just about giving up the ghost. Out of warrant, and freezing/crashing/not doing what is asked of it. Don't want to pay for sky as I don't need it. Do I get another freeserve hard drive, or hook up to the satalite dish which is strapped on the wall, never used by us and go freesat?

scottyjohn
    Free Member

The Humax is a great machine, but mine has started freezing too. Apparently Humax is about to issue a software upgrade to fix the slowing down and freezing, and also add some new functionality. If your happy with the freeview Id just wait for the update, thats what Im gonna do. There is info on the web about it at
    here

yetidave
    Free Member

good news. Didn't want to get rid, but getting rather upset with the performance. I shall wait and see what happens with the upgrade. Cheers.

allthepies
    Free Member

Freeserve ? 😉

Freeview 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Ta for the update link BTW My 9200T has been getting noticeably slower over the last year, hopefully the software update should improve things.

fisha
    Free Member

I'm doing a house extension this year, and each room is going to be getting a [sat coax+aerial coax] socket in it, that way I can have the option of both in each room.

The reality is that i'll be going the freesat route though for devices. We dont even get channel 5 broadcast on terrestrial at the moment where I am, so goodness knows when digital will come along.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Freeserve or Freesat?’ is closed to new replies.