Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Freesat confusion
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Why? We run 2 TV, both through their own oldish sky box. Neither have a sky card in and no Sky acount is current. Both boxes take their signal from the same dish.
    Whats annoying is the news we get. ! TV is local ie west but the other is London . Annoying

PaddyMcG
    Free Member

I might be wrong, but can you not put in your post code somewhere in the settings? This then tells the box which region to use.
    Or if you scroll down the “all channels” to the 900’s, you should find all the regional stations. Then just swap ITV London for ITV West.

jota180
    Free Member

It been ages since I played with a Sky box but IIRC the local channel is set at initial config and needs Sky to change it.

you can add other ITV channels though

http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/itv_regions_sky_digibox.htm

avdave2

We get something similar as we are right on the divide between 2 areas but who cares, who in their right mind would ever want to watch local news on TV. 🙂

andytherocketeer

Sky digibox with no card is neither Freesat (TM) nor Freesatfromsky.

You can pay £20 to Sky for a Freesatfromsky card to get the right free local channels back where you expect them. But of course this service mainly exists so they can pester customers into paying for a full package. I’m sure someone does pay to get the free channels they already get for free?

Or save £20 and save channel 900+ instead of 103 in to favourites.

Or bin the Sky boxes, and replace with Freesat boxes (where you do type in the postcode to select the correct local channels).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Freesat confusion’ is closed to new replies.