Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Freeride Maderia, anyone with recent experience?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hiya Chaps,

Looking at possibly going away in Spring/Summer with these guys as guides – has anyone got any recent experience of how they run things? And if they’re good?

Cheers 🙂

Ricks

Trekster

Was there last week

hambl90
    Free Member

Not had any experience with them but when I was on hols there last year I went into their shop for a chat and they seem to have a very good set up going. I would use them ,the island itself is beautiful especially the views from the top of the island.

Andy-R

This is all I know about Madeira – looks cool though.

Trekster

Wrote a whole lot more ^^^^^^^^^ but it somehow disappeared ❓

What would you like to know? Last weeks 2 days was my 2nd time riding with them, Piedro being our guide.

Just uploaded a batch of pics to a new Imugr account, Photobucket seems to be on a sign in loop!!!!!

Rat Boys Ridgeline

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

I was there at the beginning of October for a long weekend of riding with them, and had a brilliant time, some of the trails in the photos above brought back good memories. I took my own bike, but 2 others hired the spesh enduros, and they were OK. Heard a rumour they could have Trek next year. Lots of the trails are used in there local enduros, and rode some that will be used in the ews next year. That’s on in May, I think, and they are organising it, so avoid that time.

Trekster

Enduro date on side of van.

My bike, Spesh Enduro 27+ had SRAM brakes which were as much use as an eels skin at stopping me on the steep stuff, made for an interesting day…..

Take a jacket, can get cold on the mountain tops.

You can get picked up from your accom if its within easy reach, mine wasn`t but only a 10min walk to a pre arranged pickup spot.

Budget $10-20 for lunch @ cafe in some remote village..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Freeride Maderia, anyone with recent experience?’ is closed to new replies.