Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 197 total)
  • Freemasons – what's it all about?
  • globalti
    Free Member

I was employed by Opus Dei when I worked in Spain, they are Spain’s Catholic equivalent. This was just after Franco had died and before Spain joined the EEC and the Opus pulled a couple of strings for me when I needed help. Spaniards call it un enchufe – a connection.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

forum land is full of coppers

There’s also thegreatape, delude, and easygirl, so that’s about half a dozen then, not really a lot for a forum this size imo. I doubt very much there are others who haven’t said that they are coppers.

yunki
    Free Member

Edukator
    Free Member

No, not a copper or a freemason otherwise I wouldn’t be asking.

Nor would you have asked if torture was ever justifed on another thread. So what do you do for a living? Why start a thread about freemasons when typing any combination of “freemasons + Birmingham six, judiciary, police, justice” into Google will get you pages of stuff on freemasons that you can evaluate for yourself.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If someone you rode with helped you get a job say, would that be bad or good compared to a fellow lodge member?

When people do this for strangers who ride bikes then we might have an issue.
    In reality it depends what they do. PM helps a mate get a job with genuine power = problem. Mate helps a mate get job stacking shelves then this is not a problem.
    We need to look at the effect as well as the action.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why start a thread about freemasons when typing any combination of “freemasons + Birmingham six, judiciary, police, justice” into Google will get you pages of stuff on freemasons that you can evaluate for yourself.

Because it’s a chat forum ?

Edukator
    Free Member

On the jobs thread there were loads of people that gave spoof replies, Ernie. Lots of people on here are secretive about their jobs and I have no doubt some of them are police officers.

Can you remember what I do?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

If someone you rode with helped you get a job say, would that be bad or good compared to a fellow lodge member?

Not so bad, but not so good if the general understanding was that in riding with a certain group you were expected to do and receive such favours.

So, not a good comparison really

Tinners

Why start a thread about freemasons

😆
    I happened to be watching a program on BBC about railway journeys about an hour ago and they showed a freemason hall. I asked Mrs T what it was all about and she said “Why don’t you ask singletrack?” (the computer was on in front of me at the time BTW, can’t say I’d have gone away to do it!).
    Sorry, not a very exciting reply!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d remember if you were a copper.

To be fair to you Edukator, I never divulged what I did for a living on here until someone who had met me mentioned it. But only because I tend not to give personal details about myself on a forum full of anonymous strangers – I’m much happier to talk to people face to face about stuff like that, don’t why, but I’m funny like that.

But I can’t see much evidence that coppers on here are any more secretive about their professions than anyone else.

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

hmmm tinners surely you could of come up with a better line than that 😀
    you should of just asked who is a mason rather than what appears an attempt to gauge if any STW members are.

Apologies if i’m wrong with that statement 8)

maxray
    Free Member

My dad is one, I have no interest in joining, have little time in my life without adding in what appears to be quite a time heavy past time. He’s a nice bloke, doesn’t wear antlers, doest walk round with a trouser leg rolled up or a nipple out either 🙂 they seem to do lots for charity and def look after their own so to speak although I’m not sure how far that goes… Being he lives on a smallish island stuff is generally corrupt anyway! 😀

Edukator
    Free Member

To make my position clear I consider membership of the freemasons to be incompatible with any position of authority in the public service. I think police officers, magistrates, academics, councilors and anyone paid from the public purse should have to declare all of the clubs, associations and political parties they belong to when signing their job contracts. Specific mention should be made to freemasons, the mafia and secret societies. Failure to do so resulting in immediate job loss and civil law infringements.

Police officers have trouble making real world friends, Ernie. The anonymity of a forum gives them the opportunity to become normal for part of their day, have a laugh and have a rant without having to worry about being judged by their professional standards. Some choose to continue their role as police officers on the forums but some prefer the freedom of not doing so.

yunki
    Free Member

you seem very knowledgable on the subject edukator.. 😉

dnhross

As usual, a little bit like phone-ins on the radio where majority of contributions are from the ill-informed or hopelessly bigoted small fraction of our empty vessel like community.

Please people, take the time to research your subject matter before foisting your bar-room, playground, comic book opinions on the rest of the world.

FYI freemasonry is now the 2nd biggest charitable donator to Non-Masonic causes in the UK, beaten only by the National Lottery.

When you or someone you know needs help consider this, would you turn down their assistance because you knew nothing about the philosophy or practicalities of Freemasonry………. I DIDNT THINK SO !

So think again, and get your facts completely straight before rushing to propagate your usual stereotype nonsense about those who quietly get on with the business of universal beneficents and charity.

Edukator
    Free Member

Two freemasons on the thread so far then, dnhross.

Secrecy, money, power, influence, the police. a dangerous mix.

I’m sorry, I don’t care how much they give to charity, it’s too much like the buying of indulgences in the catholic church on the middle ages.

Go on, Tinners. If you’re not a police officer what do you do for a living. Comments on other threads say it takes up a lot of your time. Magistrate, univerity academic, lawyer, civil servant.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think one has been unrooted.

FWIW, I asked for a loan of some roof mounted cycle carriers for a Scotland trip a while back on here. I stuck in a few “recognised” Freemason code-phrases. And whaddya know, deluded was in with an offer within minutes. Definitely a dodgy handshake too. And he was limping. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Police officers have trouble making real world friends, Ernie. The anonymity of a forum gives them the opportunity to become normal for part of their day, have a laugh and have a rant without having to worry about being judged by their professional standards.

Oh FFS. Thegreatape is one of my favourite posters on here – he combines common-sense with an excellent sense of humour, and, he is totally relaxed about discussing his job.

Yes I am aware that going out for a drink/night out in an inner-city area which might cover their patch when they’re on duty can be problematic for a copper, and perhaps affect their social life for those reasons, but there is no reason to believe that it would be a problem on here.

sc-xc

As usual, a little bit like phone-ins on the radio where majority of contributions are from the ill-informed or hopelessly bigoted small fraction of our empty vessel like community.

Please people, take the time to research your subject matter before foisting your bar-room, playground, comic book opinions on the rest of the world.

FYI freemasonry is now the 2nd biggest charitable donator to Non-Masonic causes in the UK, beaten only by the National Lottery.

When you or someone you know needs help consider this, would you turn down their assistance because you knew nothing about the philosophy or practicalities of Freemasonry………. I DIDNT THINK SO !

So think again, and get your facts completely straight before rushing to propagate your usual stereotype nonsense about those who quietly get on with the business of universal beneficents and charity.

To be fair, I am basing my opinion on the fact that…

all the ones I have ever met are complete tossers

_tom_
    Free Member

My Dad’s a “member” or whatever you want to call it. I think it’s a bit weird but I suppose it’s just a bit of fun and also he said it’s very good for networking. Not my kind of thing at all.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So think again, and get your facts completely straight

Well, therein lies the problem doesn’t it. You’re all fairly reluctant to share all the facts aren’t you

binners

Don’t muck around with Freemasons. Go right to the top. The Weatherfield Traders Association

deluded
    Free Member

“recognised” Freemason code-phrases.

In fairness I wondered what you were on about. I put it down to your Irishness – When you turned up I only understood about one in five of your words 😀

As a shadowy, corrupt and dodgy policeman I’ve been monitoring this thread with some interest – and taking notes 😈

Edukator
    Free Member

You forgot the second part of my quote, Ernie, something you often do in a attempt to distort what people say. Here it is:

“Some choose to continue their role as police officers on the forums but some prefer the freedom of not doing so.”

Edukator
    Free Member

My gendarmes mates will have you in clink on a trumped up charge faster than who can say “je n’ai rien fait” should you ever come to France Deluded. 😈

Junkyard
    Free Member

take the time to research your subject matter

Where do I get this information on this notoriously secret organisation?

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

all over the net, everything you wish to know can be found so not really a secret organisation

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Where do I get this information on this notoriously secret organisation?

You could try asking on a cycling forum

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I’ve never seen the point in a social organisation which excludes women. Totally sad and pointless.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thanks Dr CM

all over the net, everything you wish to know can be found

membership list
    Ok stoatsbrother has outed himself as a heterosexual

dnhross

As far as i know, all the FACTS about Masonry are widely available, both on the Internet and from the various official masonic websites.

If you bothered to take the time to genuinely look for FACTS then you would be as informed as any other.

Freemasons like members of any other club, society or association are subject to every Law of the Realm. Is it not ignorance that breeds these Urban Myths of getting off, perverting the cause of justice or just plain back scratching.

I think the point has been made earlier, in any association or club where people meet other people, there will always be a tendency for those people to seek service/products/assistance from those they know rather than strangers. Thats human nature, nothing to do with Freemasonry in particular !

Look into why Masonry became so esoteric in the first place. It wasnt hundreds of years ago, it happened as late as the 20th Century. Of course i dont expect that the Empty Vessels will have read this far, or could then be bothered to form an informed opinion through research, but there you go thats life !

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Edukator – Member

You forgot the second part of my quote, Ernie, something you often do in a attempt to distort what people say.

😕 ? So ? You want the entire post quoted ? Anyone can read what you posted, I can’t “distort” that.

So how does the bit that I missed :

“Some choose to continue their role as police officers on the forums but some prefer the freedom of not doing so”

help your argument that “police officers have trouble making real world friends” and need to come on here “to become normal for part of their day” ?

That’s what you said – or am I “distorting” what you’re saying ?

yunki
    Free Member

Empty Vessels

😐

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think the point has been made earlier, in any association or club where people meet other people, there will always be a tendency for those people to seek service/products/assistance from those they know rather than strangers. Thats human nature, nothing to do with Freemasonry in particular !

The difference is in expectation isn’t it. I don’t join a cycle club with the expectation that i can do and receive a few favours

Junkyard
    Free Member

Of course i dont expect that the Empty Vessels will have read this far

probably better to insult us before your waffle then.

I looked on a few websites could not find an application form where are these on the web?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Edukator – on the contrary, I come and browse this forum to avoid normality and enjoy the surreal for an hour or two 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

Some sort of weird pyramid scheme I reckon! 😀 tbh i can’t say the masons bother me that much, they don’t affect me so each to their own in that sense, not for me anyhow… the orange order on the other hand is a whole different story mind.

Edukator
    Free Member

Just out of interest dnhross, if one is pretty damned sure that masonic influence is preventing a case going to court whom should one inform? The police (you could well be complaing to a mason), a magistrate (you could well be compalining to a mason), the directors of your organisation (almost certainly masons), the press (probably a mason), one’s MP… . Or should one simply resign and go do something where masonic influence doesn’t dominate?

With that thought I’ll leave the masons to their perverse secret world, the police to their policing and Tinners to whatever he does do professionally.

deluded
    Free Member

OT but for what it’s worth Edukator the vast majority of my ‘real’ mates are NOT police officers. I don’t generally mix with other officers because you invariably end up talking shop and it’s a job that can breed a certain mentality that on occasion I find boorish.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Not probably a big issue in the uk now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Freemasons – what's it all about?’ is closed to new replies.