Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Freehub identification – help please!
  • bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Hi all,

I need to identify this freehub body so that I can get a replacement. It looks like a Shimano SLX to me, but the hub body is completely blank and it is fitted with cartridge bearings (don’t all Shimano use cup and cone?) and it is 6 bolt rotor fitting, with 142×12 spacing and 10 speed cassette. It is mounted to the hub via a 14mm allen bolt which goes in the rotor side of the hub.

Thanks!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Anyone? 🙁

Rorschach
    Free Member

Csg (cannondale) list them as fire rr.Although they are used in some bontrager wheelsets aswell.I’m not in work this week to check but I might have to go in later so I’ll check and get part numbers.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

That would be great! Thanks!

brant
    Free Member

Made by KT in Taiwan I think. Looks like the Planet X Dog hub which was like the DMR Revolver?

http://www.cyclestar.co.uk/Wheel-Spares/DMR-Revolver-Freehub-Body-csb17545.aspx

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Hi Brant, thanks for the link. It does look similar although slightly different in a few ways (3 lines across the body and unpainted spline bit). I also read in a few places the DMR Revolver uses a 12mm allen key for removal where this is a 14mm one (they don’t seem to make a 142×12 revolver hub)?

29erKeith
    Free Member

yeah looks like a revolver to me too
    I had one on a set or Easton wheels, failed pretty quickly 🙁
    intermittently it would just spin and not engage then randomly just start working again.

That secured using a big allen key through from the left hand side of the hub

acjim
    Free Member

also looks the same as the one i have on my FSA wheels.

As said above, Easton works as do Pro-Lite

Not the best quality but seem to do me for a year on my commuter

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m going into work tomorrow 🙁

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Thanks again for the replies. From the few listed above, the Pro-lite looks the most similar, but can’t see them for sale anywhere!

Rorschach – Did you get a chance to look?

walleater

I have ‘fond’ memories of a DMR Revolver freehub locking up on me half way around the huge left hand berm near the end of the Cymcarn DH course. I thought I was going to end up in Swansea….

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

looks like a sun ringle ride xmb mk2 freehub body to me.

stimpy
    Free Member

It’s a Pro-Lite I believe.

I think I might have one in my spares box. If I can find it are you interested?

rogermoore

looks like a sun ringle ride xmb mk2 freehub body to me.

The Sun Ringle ones are threaded on the rear, not splined. See here.
    RM.

orangeboy
    Free Member

From the pic it looks very much like the one specialized use for cambers stumpys etc which are 142
    Local Spesh dealer may have them on the shelf as they fail for a pastime.

There can be some very slight differences from one body to the next and Normaly has to be bang on to fit and not bind up

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Hi Stimpy – If you could have a look and see if it matches my pics that would be great. Happy to buy it off you if it is new?

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Update: Hotlines have told me the hub is made by Formula.

Gold star to orangeboy, as it seems the same one is used in Specialized hubs – e.g. the one dismantled here: http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/specialized-142-rear-hub-679462-post7678056.html#post7678056

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Freehub identification – help please!’ is closed to new replies.