Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Freehub for Cotic branded hub…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Pretty sure this must have been asked about before but I can’t put my hands on an answer.

Does anyone happen to know what the ‘CC’ branded 135 QR hubs Cotic used to use on their 700c wheels were? My freehub is well and truly on the way out and obviously swapping a freehub is better than rebuilding a wheel on a new hub! Bike is my daily ride so I’m trying to avoid stripping the hub and going round the shops waving it under peoples’ noses if I can 🙂

bikeneil
    Free Member

Have you asked Cotic? I’m sure they’d know.

vincienup
    Free Member

I tried already a while ago and no wiser, sadly. Surprised me a little, too – possibly caught them on a bad day.

Hence the question, just wondered if the singletrack hive mind knew if it was Formula or Novatech and which model.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a hub spotters guide they can point me at it would be awesome…

SidewaysTim

I’ve a complete hub here that you can have for £25 if you like?

cy

Sorry we couldn’t help you before. If you could email me a pic of the freehub body removed from the hub I can see what we have. We bought a box of spare bodies for the original CC branded hubs for exactly this reason, but unfortunately our supplier switched freehub on us for the last batch we got from them in 2012 (we don’t use them anymore needless to say!) so there are some out there we don’t have spares for. However, if it’s one of the earlier ones then we definitely have spares. Like I say, drop me a pic.

Cheers,

Cy

honourablegeorge

Cy – on those hubs – any idea if they can be converted up front to 15mm? Is there another brand whose end caps might work?

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve just had the end caps off the rear (they’re grubbed on) and it looks like zero potential for axle conversion at the back. Not sure about the front. It looks like my wheel is actually wrecked. Every single driveside spoke has a noticeable u shaped crimp at the second cross.

If I’m rebuilding with new spokes, it seems silly keeping a non 11 speed hub tbh, and then we get on the slippery slope of the rim brake surface I’ll never use… :/

Insert Ron Burgundy meme… 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Freehub for Cotic branded hub…’ is closed to new replies.