Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Freehub body is off, now what the fluke is it?
  • tthew

I think the pic is pretty clear, the EH stamped on that spline is the only lettering I can see anywhere on it. The threaded bolt is captive, but is obviously free to rotate so the splines can engage the hub. So as the title really, who is the OEM (hub is a Decathlon branded jobbie) and where can I get one at a reasonable price?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I guess you've tried the obvious and called Decathalon?

Remember me mentioning the DDG hubs? It looks like one of theirs, just make sure you don't get the wrong one. Might be worth giving them a call.

tthew

Decathlon is quite a trip for me, unless going for somthing big. I know if I ring them up they'll say, 'bring it in and let's have a look' then it will be 'we don't have it, but can order it' and it's another jaunt a couple of weeks later. Was hoping for the mail order fairies to come to the rescue.

Couldn't find any details for the DDG UK distributor, but yes, I did remember and tried. Do you know how to contact them Onzadog?

trail_rat
    Free Member

supercycles was ddgs distributor

Onzadog
    Free Member

Try this as they used to sell the Onza kit (no link to my user name)

or

CYCLELIFE NOTTINGHAM (C)
    45-47 CARLTON ROAD
    CARLTON
    NOTTINGHAM
    NG3 2DN

Tel: 0115 9583041
    Email: cyclelife.notts@btconnect.com

as this is the shop that Onza used to work out of when they sold the DDG stuff as far as I know.

Good luck.

seb
    Free Member

I have the same problem with my road wheelset (from Decathlon).
    I looked into this a few months ago and following hours of searching online, I believe it is an OEM freehub used by the like of Giant, Bontrager, Decathlon…
    I was going to buy this one to try: http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/race_lite_road_freehub.html

tthew

Cheers Onzadog, but Seb, yeah, that really does look like the one. Got to be worth a punt for 15 quid and, (according to the web page) it's the one that Lance Armstrong uses so I this will probably give me that small yet critical winning advantage in my next race. 😀

seb
    Free Member

Before you buy, have a look at this one:
    http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/select_freehub.html
    It is a little bit more expensive but mentions the ball, the other one doesn't. I would speak to Pedalon or purchase this one.
    If it works, please let me know if it works, I really need to change mine.
    I have had enough with flushing mine with 3in1 all the time.

tthew

Right Seb, luckily I got one already! I had to go to a Trek dealer to organise a insurance quote to replace a stolen bike, and they had one in stock. 15 notes.

I think the difference is the 'balled' one will use loose bearings, the one I have is the other, cartridge type. Shouldn't be too difficult to work out which you need if you take off the cone, (well, lock nuts if it's cartridge bearings)

edit – if you want more pics to compare what's inside, post back up here Seb.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Freehub body is off, now what the fluke is it?’ is closed to new replies.