Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Freehub advice needed!
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Re built my Orange blood today- all gone as it should apart from my rear wheel. The cassette spins free whilst off the bike but won’t free spin when fitted in place- any ideas?
    The wheel is new and removed Freehub body/ cassette to change axles (hope pro 2 hub) and replaced in order it came off. This is really bugging me know as it’s almost ready to test ride-
    I only have the gears to index and cables to tidy up!

wwaswas

did you take the large hub seal out? is it fully reseated?

muddy247
    Free Member

To be honest I changed axles a while ago and only just had chance to rebuild bike. Everything went back in as it came out- followed a tech video from you tube!

almightydutch
    Free Member

Either the freehub seal, which is more than likely as they do have to ‘click’ into the lip rather than just press up to it.

Failing that your missing the washer between the freehub and shell. The one that spaces the freehub out slightly.

muddy247
    Free Member

I’ve had the Freehub off and spacer is in place, have clicked the rubber seal in place but still no joy. It spins freely if I slacken the Maxxle off but won’t as soon as it’s tightened!

coatesy
    Free Member

If the spacer’s fitted, and the seal’s fitted the correct way and located properly, i’d suspect that the a bearing in the freehub (usually the outer) is seized(it’s inner race spinning on the axle until it’s clamped tight).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Freehub advice needed!’ is closed to new replies.