Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Freecaster annoyance
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Couldn't watch the DH live on Sunday because it just froze after 3 seconds. I checked the replay at lunchtime at work and it was stable and fine. Trying to watch the replay this evening and again it freezes after 3 seconds.

Is it their server getting hammered?
    Or is there something wrong on my home setup?
    Why can't I pay-per-view for a decent quality web-service?

Halp!

kimbers

working fine for me just now

Crag
    Free Member

Not that it helps but streaming was perfect for me yesterday after having a fiasco a couple of weeks ago when I'd paid for it.

flatfish
    Free Member

working fine for me here

iain1775
    Free Member

mine froze until i downgraded to low quality feed and viewed in window rather than full screen. then it was more or less fine – froze couple of times but a quick refresh sorted it

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Some of the other films work fine (headcam of the course). But the event replays just wont get past 3 seconds.
    [peeved]

landy813
    Free Member

Yep a load of rubbish for me too, and i have a reasonable connection as it wont even let me select LD due to having the bandwidth.

Shame it worked flawlessly last year

scaredypants

Freecaster annoyance

Warner's the name I believe 😉

(somebody put up a link yesterday that bypassed the front page & streamed perfectly for me – only the last about 5 runs though)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Tried that link. Just gets to Danny Mac saying "… skids and wheelies…" at 3 seconds in, then cuts out; every time.

chakaping
    Free Member

No probs here yesterday.

myheadsashed

Same problem yesterday but only in the mens race.

andytherocketeer

Kept getting a stupid "Error 1009" popup right in the middle of the display. Page refresh fixed it, at the cost of losing 30sec or so of action. Had a few dropouts too. The other 98% was OK, although wossname's bladder status was a bit TMI.

billybob
    Free Member

sounds like a flash issue – I had the same thing a while ago with you tube where some videos would freeze after 2 seconds.

Check flash is up to date & if it is try using an older version.

andytherocketeer

Might be flash. I certainly was not alone. Just a quick Google brings up a thread on southerndownhill with exactly same issue.

Flash is a heap of doggy doo doo imho, but should be up to date.
    Did have issues with a youtube vid last night in Firefox. Played OK in Chrome though (Linux versions). Maybe a recent update broke the firefox plugin.

tracknicko
    Free Member

no idea how people can whine about a FREE service.

its your setup mate. a good proportion of people can get it with 0 problems.

andytherocketeer

world championships? is not free. dalby xc was technically not free, but you could get a code from a sponsor.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Freecaster annoyance’ is closed to new replies.