Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Free tickets from ticketmaster
  • nbt

Well not quite. Some less than careful person appears to have the same name as Mrs NBT and rather than being careful and remembering their own email has taken a guess at it and managed to enter Mrs NBT’s email address into Ticketmaster. As a result we’ve now got the receipt for this persons tickets to The Lion King in a few weeks. It’s on the other side of the country so we’re unlikely to attend, especially as that would mean changing delivery addresses and so on. Oh yes, we also have this person’s address.

Worth following up? I don’t think I can be bothered going through the game of filling in the “contact us” form on the Ticketmaster website…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m imagining some posh family with a crying child demanding to know why he can’t go to see the Lion King for his birthday….

I think it’s always worth doing the right thing. The ticket owners response (or Ticket masters) might make you feel otherwise but that’s their issue.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d probably call them just to get it sorted out.

gogg
    Free Member

Do the right thing, Karma can be a bitch…

m0rk
    Free Member

Do a bit of internet stalking

I have two yanks with the same name, who keep giving out my gmail address – I’ve stalked them well enough to get in contact after they had important stuff sent to me (mortgage applications, invoices, cell phone bills etc)

Seemed like the right thing to do, and creeped them out too

nbt

Did some stalking and found a likely candidate

then re-read the emails and found that as well as including an address there was more importantly a phone number, so gave her a ring and left a message on her answerphone. Not had any emails for a week or so now so guess she sorted it…

sazter

I had someone from America email me both sides of two credit cards…. I emailed back to say I was deleting and they should check the address before sending such info. No thanks, nothing. Should have bought a bike* instead.

*I would not commit fraud by actually doing this.

stevied
    Free Member

My wife had a package delivered from Trollbeads a few weeks ago. She’d not ordered anything but curiosity got the better of us and I opened it. Inside was a rather large collection of stuff that should have been sent to a shop. Total order value: £17,000 😯
    We contacted them to say we had the package. They came and collected the package and gave my wife a £200 ‘starter kit’ as a thanks for our honesty..

marcus7
    Free Member

Probably better than the guy emailed me to say that my bank had put £200,000 of my money into his account!. 😯 It was sorted pretty quickly but good lord just because the names were similar and we both bank at the same bank!… he worked out who it was most likely to be via t’internet!…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Free tickets from ticketmaster’ is closed to new replies.